Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I got an E-Mail today from GM with a link to a "Quality Survey". As I was filling it out I discovered that I had way more complaints about the car than I would have thought I did. Here's the results from the initial "what issues do you have" page before I hit submit:

From here the survey asked me specifically about what problems I had, there were some categories where there wasn't a good fit for my gripe but I chose the best I could and here is what the result was:

From here they asked even more detail about each reported issue. I gave as detailed responses as I could and it actually took over an hour to complete the whole survey.

This is after almost 2 months and just over 1000 miles of driving.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have received a couple of surveys. One of them took over an hour to complete, but mostly because they wanted info on other cars in my fleet.

My complaints are far fewer than those listed. The tires are terrible: the worst I have ever driven on in over forty years of driving. The seats could be more comfortable, but they are not bad by my standards. The interior is 100% solid plastic: a little padding or fabric would be nice, and most cars have this. I can't agree with many of the other concerns, especially the 'transmission' noise. It's much quieter than any other car I have ever driven in, including other EVs. It doesn't have a transmission: the motor is geared directly to the wheels. There is a subtle whine from the reduction gears at times, but that's the only sound my car makes. Shifting from park takes perhaps one second. The little shift button is easy to grow accustomed to, and an appropriate safety feature. It also confuses auto thieves and carjackers, since it appears to be unique to the Bolt.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
On my survey I gave the car itself mostly good marks... I slammed the poor implementation of the Infotainment System and made comments in the free-form area about the frequently not-working Android/myChevrolet app.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Mine's perfect. Kudos to Lake Orion assembly.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I haven't had the owner's experience surveys yet, only a exploratory one about future EVSE locations in the Bolt.

I can't wait for my owner's survey so I too can slam the OnStar, myChevy app, and Owner's Center services.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,481 Posts
I've had the extensive survey, too. It became clear to me that others were reporting the very same quirks I've experienced, because the survey dug down to very specific details on the "problems" that I have noted. It seemed to be a really well-constructed survey that will yield very valuable information for the engineering team for "Bolt 2.0".

·
Registered
247 Posts
Knock on wood. 2 months and a half and over 7,000 km of no complaints. If I had to be picky I’d have to say range, reds light when car stops in L mode and one glitch (caused by something I did) I had with the system but all I had to do was to turn off car completely, lock it, walk away for thirty seconds and walk back.

Reactions: mikek

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got an email from the gm bolt ambassador told my story about my horrible dealership charging experiences, and should be getting a complementary Chevy jacket in the mail.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think I have also had a much different experience.
The minor complaints I have are so insignificant that I honestly tell anyone who asks that I LOOOVE my Bolt.
Just for the listing though, here are my complaints:
- suspension - if I am driving on a rough road, I clearly will know it.
- horn - there is no way to make a gentle beep. Since the car itself doesn't make much noise, sometimes it would be nice to have the option of a polite beep.
- infotainment - no clear way to get directly from Apple Car Play to the Infotainment "Home" (have to hit the green energy tab, and then hit home), plus it is a bit jumpy in wanting to engage Apple Car Play.

That's it. Short list.
I have intentionally bought several fuel efficient cars - 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback and 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid being the primary ones. The Bolt is vastly superior to both.
The only car that had a better driving experience (and got me into much trouble) was a 2003 Honda Accord EX, but when I was driving for fun it was at most a 25 mpg ICE.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think I have also had a much different experience.
The minor complaints I have are so insignificant that I honestly tell anyone who asks that I LOOOVE my Bolt.
Just for the listing though, here are my complaints:
- suspension - if I am driving on a rough road, I clearly will know it.
- horn - there is no way to make a gentle beep. Since the car itself doesn't make much noise, sometimes it would be nice to have the option of a polite beep.
- infotainment - no clear way to get directly from Apple Car Play to the Infotainment "Home" (have to hit the green energy tab, and then hit home), plus it is a bit jumpy in wanting to engage Apple Car Play.

That's it. Short list.
I have intentionally bought several fuel efficient cars - 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback and 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid being the primary ones. The Bolt is vastly superior to both.
The only car that had a better driving experience (and got me into much trouble) was a 2003 Honda Accord EX, but when I was driving for fun it was at most a 25 mpg ICE.
For the infotainment piece, you can press the physical home button to get out of Car Play quicker. Also, press and hold home when you are out of carplay to resume where you were in carplay.

167 Posts
Got my survey and informed I have what appears to be a zero defect solid build quality Bolt Permier with a Dec 2017 build date. It commutes 70 miles 5 times a week and I installed a nice EVSE . It appears there are vehicle chargers now being installed at the other end of the commute so we may soon have another place to charge.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,481 Posts
To follow up on this I got a call from GM today about the survey. I spend a good 45 minutes on the phone with them giving them details on my issues. Hopefully the info will be used to make improvements for future Bolts or EVs in general.
It appeared to be a very well-constructed survey that really dug deep into issues. It was very adaptive, with the questions going from general to the very specific, and I was able to clearly express specific concerns about a variety of issues.

By far the best and most comprehensive "Quality Survey" I've ever completed, on any kind of product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts