Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently moved from a 2012 Volt to a Bolt. The Volt's 3 button standard equipment buttons handled my 3 openers and I didn't appreciate it so much at the time. The lack of factory garage door buttons on the Bolt is disappointing. The dealer advised that I could have a Homelink installed after the fact but I'm not interested in the cost and effort involved with an aftermarket permanent installation.
Does anyone have experience with a 3 button clip-on universal remote that would be compatible with a Liftmaster 2000SDR, a Genie CM7600 ic/a and an Apollo gate operator, model 1650 etl?
Of course I have tried using the Genie and Liftmaster 3 button remotes to copy the other 2 opener codes - unsuccessfully.
I've contacted Overhead and Chamberlain but neither offered any suggestion that could handle all 3 of these.
I would welcome any leads and/or first hand experience with something that might be compatible.
Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
676 Posts
I use a bluetooth opener on my garage... $35 works with multiple phones. Programmed the wife, daughter's phones to access it. CHeaper than buying three remotes.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Ant-Bluetooth-Compatible-Encryption/dp/B073P3VS3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522247653&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+ant+garage+door[/ame]

·
Banned
6 Posts
The wifi garage door openers are very quiet, but I personally like the screw drive Genies also. Properly installed with a well balanced door, they are almost as quiet and very rugged. Belt drives are basically the same as chain drives except with different drive gears and pulleys for the toothed belt. The use the same method of tensioning, they can allow some "bounce" to the door. I've had all 3 and I still like the screw drive best.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like my Genie screw drive too....But....it is circa 1965 (still working great) and operates at a much higher voltage than modern door openers. I tried a BT opener and it worked just once, prior to smoking due to voltage. The BT operator avail on Amazon that was linked in post #3 specifically excludes Genie screw drive operators, among many others, as working with their BT opener. So Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
my Genie screw drive I installed maybe twelve years ago is so blasted loud when it operates, that I've vowed to never own another. can't wait for it to fail. my other two chain drives I'm currently using and others I've had in the past are much quieter.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier Cajun Red Tintcoat, Grizzl-E EVSE
155 Posts
If you have an elderly, incompatible opener, there are radio receivers for sale that provide the needed contact closure, in place of the wall push button, from a modern remote.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
my Genie screw drive I installed maybe twelve years ago is so blasted loud when it operates, that I've vowed to never own another. can't wait for it to fail. my other two chain drives I'm currently using and others I've had in the past are much quieter.
Lol, saw this old post. One of the chain drive openers started failing so replaced it with a belt drive one. Wow, is that thing quiet. And it has a battery backup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.