Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, what’s the best adapter for iPhone and torque pro that every one is using?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi guys, what’s the best adapter for iPhone and torque pro that every one is using?
Torque Pro is Android-only. You’ll want EngineLink for iOS.

I’ve had good luck with the Veepeak OBD2 reader (Bluetooth LE version) which is what a number of other folks recommended.

·
Registered
698 Posts
LELink adapter + EngineLink app seems to be a good combo for iOS devices. I've had this for about two years before moving to using fixed display.

EngineLink app is a close equivalent to Android-only Torque Pro as far as using custom PIDs goes, although the syntax and formula slightly differ.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the stupid question, I just went to the App Store and indeed, torque pro is not listed. I’ll check out the one you mentioned.
Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your reply wasn’t showing when I replied to the thread.
Thanks for the info, I’ll check the veepeak adapter!

·
Registered
698 Posts
As a side note, the free version of Engine Link app (called "Engine Link LE") works only with their LELink adapters. The paid version can work with other adapters like Veepeak.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, just bought the veepeak adapter, so I’ll be buying the paid version as soon as the adapter arrives.

by the way, the app doesn’t have very good reviews. is the engine link obd2 app that costs 5.99 the right one to get? Only 52 reviews with 3 out of 5 stars at the App Store. Being 2021 I was expecting a lot more reviews and higher rating for an app like this. If it works for you I’ll buy it when the adapter arrives, please let me know.

thanks and sorry for all the, previously answered, questions!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks, just bought the veepeak adapter, so I’ll be buying the paid version as soon as the adapter arrives.

by the way, the app doesn’t have very good reviews. is the engine link obd2 app that costs 5.99 the right one to get? Only 52 reviews with 3 out of 5 stars at the App Store. Being 2021 I was expecting a lot more reviews and higher rating for an app like this. If it works for you I’ll buy it when the adapter arrives, please let me know.

thanks and sorry for all the, previously answered, questions!
Yes, that's the one. I left a review for good measure. It's not particularly slick but it definitely gets the job done.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have used both the veepeak and obdlinkMX+. For the price, go with veepeak. The MX supports more functions for GM cars. It is unlikely you will need them.

I bought $100 android phone to keep in the car for using TorquePro. I will tell you this, the IOS app I used was far easier to use and had most of the PIDs already. Torque requires a lot of setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have experience with this yet, as I am still prospective Bolt owner, but I did find this link on the forum with all of the info you need. Looks like the "OBD Fusion" iOS app is another option.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have used both the veepeak and obdlinkMX+. For the price, go with veepeak. The MX supports more functions for GM cars. It is unlikely you will need them.

I bought $100 android phone to keep in the car for using TorquePro. I will tell you this, the IOS app I used was far easier to use and had most of the PIDs already. Torque requires a lot of setup.
Thanks for the info, good idea about a cheap second phone dedicated to torque pro! I’ll keep it in mind

·
Registered
698 Posts
I don't have experience with this yet, as I am still prospective Bolt owner, but I did find this link on the forum with all of the info you need. Looks like the "OBD Fusion" iOS app is another option.
Just for the record, all the forum discussion pertaining to that page happens in this thread:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, that's the one. I left a review for good measure. It's not particularly slick but it definitely gets the job done.
Hey greendave,

I got the all but doesn’t connect to the adapter, do you know why? Here’s a couple of screenshots
1E4CC4EF-FF92-47F8-BDCD-890009D2B957.png
71033AC5-0AE5-4CFF-8A05-CF16D9C3BA0A.png

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks, I’ll buy this app and try it out
Car scanner ELM OBD2 is another great app for someone who is not familiar with torque pro... it has all PIDs in the app for bolt.
... Also if you buy OBDLink MX+ you can use app from them. And I can guide you Trough setting app custom pids.. but one i have mentioned is 120 dollars that is one of the best on the market and it is approved by Apple

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Car scanner ELM OBD2 is another great app for someone who is not familiar with torque pro... it has all PIDs in the app for bolt.
... Also if you buy OBDLink MX+ you can use app from them. And I can guide you Trough setting app custom pids.. but one i have mentioned is 120 dollars that is one of the best on the market and it is approved by Apple
Thanks, if the app I already bought doesn’t work I’ll check this one up.

·
Registered
721 Posts
So you select 'VEEPEAK' from the list of Bluetooth devices there, and it gives that error? It's odd that it would show the adapter but not actually connect up. Obviously the device is powered and bluetooth is working or you wouldn't see it in the list. It's been over a year since I started using it but I don't recall any other steps being needed. Let me experiment today.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts