Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my previous cars there always was some red lights in the doors to mark the outside edge of the door, useful at night when stopped on the side of the road, the Bolt doesn't have theses. so I decided to do the next best things and add some reflectors stickers to make sure that the open doors are visible at night in case of emergency.
I use the white part of this kind of tape: https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Trailer-Conspicuity-Approved-Reflective/dp/B00T9W255I

On the white Bolt it is almost completely invisible in day light:

But super obvious at night with even a a little light (Smartphone flash from 10 feet)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Never thought about that and it is pretty genius. Another thing I really like to have on hand in the trunk is a foldable emergency sign (also reflective) and very easy to store away.

·
Registered
195 Posts
:laugh:Great idea. GM saved $5 per car so they're only losing $9000 per Bolt. Lowes also sales these strips for about the same price. Probably don't get as much. Good for the Bolt, I'll do my two other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Oh that's a great idea, but I'd probably stick with the white portion only just for looks. Unless you have a red bolt, then the red would blend in better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I'm new to Bolt community so it is new to me :)
My 2c: in most European countries every car has to be equipped with these 3 safety items: a reflective triangle, first aid kit & fire extinguisher. Most cars if not all are also equipped with active (lighted) or passive reflective lights/tape strips. My Mk6 Golf has the plastic reflectors embedded at the bottom of each door. Thank you for pointing out the lack of these basic safety items timeToy. This will be our first mod

·
Registered
135 Posts
Years ago, when I learned the name of this tape--"Conspicuity Tape"--from a NAPA catalog, I marveled at the creativity of the cunning linguist who thought of it!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Years ago, when I learned the name of this tape--"Conspicuity Tape"--from a NAPA catalog, I marveled at the creativity of the cunning linguist who thought of it!
Is this where I comment that I know several people who really appreciate cunning linguists?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts