Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,781 Posts
Sometimes I try to use the paddle and nothing happens. Does this happen to anyone else? The owner's manual doesn't say much about it.
On the right of the Driver's Info screen, the kW going out (depleting) or in (regen) is shown. Just after a full charge a thin line appears (only when you ARE "regen-ing") below the icon showing the amount of regen "available". After FULLY charging, this is near-zero. As you use up energy, making room in the battery for more, that line descends until max regen is achieved, then it disappears. It only takes about 3-4 miles of driving (5 minutes?) to use up 1 kWh (@ 4 miles per kWh) to regain good regen capability. If you do not charge to full, you may never notice this. I did not find this until another Forum member pointed it out to me. Then it was clear. Since I nearly always charge to Hilltop Reserve (90% charge) I do not often get to see that regen available building back up. Happy driving!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.