Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I try to use the paddle and nothing happens. Does this happen to anyone else? The owner's manual doesn't say much about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the right of the Driver's Info screen, the kW going out (depleting) or in (regen) is shown. Just after a full charge a thin line appears (only when you ARE "regen-ing") below the icon showing the amount of regen "available". After FULLY charging, this is near-zero. As you use up energy, making room in the battery for more, that line descends until max regen is achieved, then it disappears. It only takes about 3-4 miles of driving (5 minutes?) to use up 1 kWh (@ 4 miles per kWh) to regain good regen capability. If you do not charge to full, you may never notice this. I did not find this until another Forum member pointed it out to me. Then it was clear. Since I nearly always charge to Hilltop Reserve (90% charge) I do not often get to see that regen available building back up. Happy driving!
Ahhh, this is the other thing I couldn't find in the owner's manual. Maybe it's in there but I didn't know what to look for. I saw that line today and couldn't figure out how to make it come back after it disappeared.

I keep the Bolt battery topped off so that must be why I see the line frequently and the regen paddle doesn't work sometimes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.