Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from chilly Minnesota,
Loving my Kinetic Blue Premier Bolt with Driver Confidence II & DC Fast Charge. Looking forward to warmer weather and greater range (though it hasn't been an issue with the reduced range as I mentioned in another post).

I haven't seen any Bolts on the road here but I know they are selling in the area as I had to drive across town for mine after the first two at nearby dealerships I was looking at were sold the day before I was ready to make an offer.

As I also mentioned in another post, I went with a 2017 for the discounts - sure wish I had a state incentive or tax break. Hoping the federal credit exists for 2018 taxes.

Siemens 30 AMP Level 2 charger in the garage.
Made a NEMA 14-50 adapter after learning I could use the stock travel EVSE up to 240V @ 12 AMPs - looking forward to testing that out on my next trip to SD as DCFC doesn't really exist in that stretch, only other option might be Tesla destination chargers.

The car is mostly for in-town driving but excited to have something I could road trip with (occasionally) if I wanted to.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV Ioniq 5 reservation
1,719 Posts
Welcome aboard. The Forum is a great way to get up to speed in the shortest possible time. We welcome your input. In the past few months it has gotten rather crowded on the CBF (Chevy Bolt Forum). I always go to "New Posts" (in the last day), but I now find 20-30 new posts every am and the same every pm. I may need to record the names of specific "forums" in which I am interested and only scan the new posts in those threads. (e.g. I am not into modifying the EV and the technical stuff is of less concern.) Is there an alphabetical listing of "forums" or of "threads"? Even after 10 months, I feel like a newbie!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome aboard. Check my extreme temperature post for my experience this winter in Butte Montana with temps as low as -21 F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.