Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a weird one. I parked at the east end of the Cape Cod canal and when we returned to the car my drivers door unlocked, but none of the others. When I opened the door the alarm went off until I hit the unlock button on the door. Then when I tried to start it, I got a message that no remote was recognized. Tried again and was told to place the remote in the center console as if it had a dead battery. Car then started, but I had never received a low remote battery message, and the remote was new from the dealer in December. Figuring it must somehow be a dead remote battery, I actually read the manual when I got home, and learned that certain things can cause interference with the remote frequency. Went back out to the car and everything was now working normal.

In the middle of the night it occurred to me that I had parked right under a huge antennae thing that was actually some type of radar for tracking ships entering the canal. That was a first for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
This has happened to me about a dozen times with my 12/2016 build 2017 premier. The first few times, I replaced the battery. Then I discovered that it worked properly without replacing the battery after driving a while with the remote in the center console, so I stopped replacing the battery after these events. Sometimes I get the event when I try to power the car off. It always works again after sitting a while.

The problem is too intermittent to troubleshoot the cause.

Ed

·
Registered
45 Posts
Powerful radio interference will stop remotes from working and cause other weird stuff.
In the parking lot of the Sandia Peak outside ABQ, remotes commonly don't work at all.
Big TV transmitters and other stuff up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts