Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • The Bolt Manual on P. 259 states:
  • "or keep the 12-volt battery cables connected and trickle charge from the underhood remote positive (+) and negative () terminals. See Jump Starting - North America
    0 295 for the location of these terminals."
I only find the remote post for the neg side. Am I missing something?

· Registered
6,857 Posts
  • The Bolt Manual on P. 259 states:
  • "or keep the 12-volt battery cables connected and trickle charge from the underhood remote positive (+) and negative () terminals. See Jump Starting - North America
    0 295 for the location of these terminals."
I only find the remote post for the neg side. Am I missing something?
go to page 295-7 and there's two pictures with arrows for each terminal

· Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
5,671 Posts
Hahaha :)
Seriously though, is there actually a remote pos terminal?

Not that I'm aware of.

My emergency power tap setup comes off the battery positive terminal screw and the ground lug on the "firewall" on the driver's side. The grounding lug is a PITA to get to. I used the grounding lug on the firewall, because there's a current sensor on the stock cable from it to the battery. Pulling current from the battery terminal directly throws error codes related to too much current coming from the DC-DC to the AGM battery. 100A is "too much", apparently.:eek:

· Registered
182 Posts
I had to chew up the flap on the + battery terminal to accommodate my cable termination. I can imagine that doing so to the fuse box cover would be even "chewier".:eek:
Not chewier at all actually. There's a channel that hangs off the front side of the fuse box lid that easily accommodates an additional 4AWG battery cable. No modification required.

· Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
5,671 Posts
Not chewier at all actually. There's a channel that hangs off the front side of the fuse box lid that easily accommodates an additional 4AWG battery cable. No modification required.

Oh well. Thanks!

I may use that when I can convince my BIL to do the "home emergency power" mod. He seems reluctant to do mods to his car. He purchased it, so the legit "lease excuse" doesn't apply.

· Registered
30 Posts
****. I gave serious thought to looking there, but didn't. I had a TON of hassle connecting to the positive terminal. I'm looking in that fuse box when I get home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.