Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried vinyl wrapping the piano black portions of the dash? I'd like to go with a wood trim look, but the last thing I want to do is crack a plastic part because I don't know where the connections are and how to remove them correctly.
I know a lot of folks like the piano black, but it doesn't appeal to me (and I'm a piano technician! 馃槣) and IMHO it looks like the cheap plastic it is.
The procedure to wrapping it looks pretty straightforward, but always seems to come out better when you wrap each individual piece and replace it rather than leaving them in place.

Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier Launch Edition
I don't care for the plastic piano black either especially in the center console. It attracts dirt, dust, fingerprints and scratches easily. This is a horrible trend in a vehicle. I've had glossy wood panels in my Audi, BMW and Mercedes and I hated it there too. Glossy instrument panel must die.

Registered
I love the piano black but won't be getting it on the shifter area of my cars when they arrive because Chevrolet doesn't offer it on the EV LT which is the only trim level offered to Canada. I might trade my matte trim for piano black but I don't know how to remove it either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These YouTube videos make it look very easy with the tools readily available from Amazon, but they have the experience of knowing where and how the plastic pieces commonly snap together. The last thing I want to do is crack or break a bezel connector. Had thought about taking it to a dealer service shop or detailer and ask/pay them to remove the pieces and show me how they're connected. Or to a custom vinyl wrap shop and get a quote for them to wrap some interior pieces. But at the end of the day I might try doing it myself with the right tools without removing the pieces...there are several videos showing that as well, like this one:

Rvinyl interior Tesla wrap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts