Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This follows many conversations with GM customer service. I originally requested a discount on my lease payment, which they said they were unable to do, then they offered a reimbursement of two lease of my payments. I suggested they should reimburse my lease payments until the problem was fixed at which point they offered a repurchase or replacement. I now need to submit info to see what exactly they will offer as a repurchase or replacement.
Hey I am also leasing an affected Bolt, since we are in the same situation, what is our best options? I haven't taken any steps yet, I didn't even know we had any recourse

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was able to speak with them and make it happen. I successfully returned my 2019 Bolt to them last week for repurchase. Feel free to ping me with any questions. They refunded all of my payments and down payment, less a fair "usage fee" for the miles that I put on the car over the past two years. I'm impressed with how they handled this and they made it very easy. I had put around 36k out of my allotted 45k on the car. The usage fee was roughly 32 or 33 cents per mile. I believe this was a standard California Lemon Law buyback - I had used one of the online lemon law calculators and the estimate was about spot on with what they offered.
Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience, I am amazed you were able to exercise that buyback option for a leased car, I am in the same situation I have a 19 lease bolt affected by the recall, I am considering calling the Bolt EV concierge tomorrow to start the process, can you share any tips during your process with me? How should I go about it, what should I know? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience, I am amazed you were able to exercise that buyback option for a leased car, I am in the same situation I have a 19 lease bolt affected by the recall, I am considering calling the Bolt EV concierge tomorrow to start the process, can you share any tips during your process with me? How should I go about it, what should I know? Thanks.
Just saw this. You can send me a PM if you have any questions. Concierge was really helpful and it was an easy process for me, no real tips other than being patient yet persistent.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT purchased used, previous vehicle was a 2015 Chevy eSpark
206 Posts
In Utah and they are working to buy back my 2017 Bolt EV. I want to see the final fix before I sell a car that's seen a lot of money and time sunk into modding it. They offered to give me a Equinox as a long term loaner until either they buy my car back or fix it. Problem is I'm a hair over twenty so no the loaner is probably a no-go. The other issue is that it didn't have a hitch and I've got a 400 something mile trip this weekend that requires me haul a trailer or hitch rack.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts