Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
馃き Clearly you're a person of discerning taste!
I'm not sure about the discerning part but, thanks for the compliment. I prefer the Cajun Red but, alas, it is no longer offered. I've seen the Cherry Red in a YT review of the EUV and except during some odd lighting conditions it videoed quite well. A little brighter and lighter than Cajun Red. I'll learn to live with it once I have the car in hand.

Scott

Registered
2021 Cajun Red LT, "Cherry"
I'm not sure about the discerning part but, thanks for the compliment. I prefer the Cajun Red but, alas, it is no longer offered. I've seen the Cherry Red in a YT review of the EUV and except during some odd lighting conditions it videoed quite well. A little brighter and lighter than Cajun Red. I'll learn to live with it once I have the car in hand.

Scott
Not going to complain about more red Bolts out there! I'd have to see side-by-side the Cherry versus Cajun reds to tell much a difference; it was hard to see using photos online. Either way, I hope you grow to love the color :3 There was a small part of me that was bummed out about not getting the dark gray sparkly color, because SPARKLES....... :) But I'm learning to love the Cajun red as well.

Registered
2017 Bolt LT Mosaic Black comfort & convenience driver confidence 1
Just to be clear. These options are in addition to items included in the LT2 trim package.

Scott
I ordered the 2LT trim with all the standard option included in that trim level with no extra cost options. So it looks like the only added cost option/packages are the Bose/entertainment package and the adaptive cruise control. Notable changes that I can see are 8 way power seat, wireless carplay/android, level2 charging speed up from 7.2kw to 11kw, and SD card slot, flat bottom steering wheel
Notable absence in the 2022 Bolt EV are Cayenne Orange exterior color, roof rail (still included in EUV premier), 1kwh battery capacity (from 66kwh to 65kwh), camera inside rear view mirror
For those still patiently waiting to hear from their chevy coordinator, your patience will be shortly rewarded with a 2022 Bolt instead of a 2020 or 2021 model that has been sitting in dealer inventory. Unless of course GM cancels all repurchase/replacement program in which case those who already got approved and purchased their 2020/2021 Bolts will be the lucky ones jumping with joy.
As of 4/6/21 2021 production ceased at Orion assembly plant in preparation for 2022 model year orders.

Options ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A2X: Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power NC9: Emissions, California ZEV AU3: Door locks, power programmable NCH: Door locks, rear child security AYF: Airbags, driver and front passenger dual-stage frontal PPW: Wireless Apple CarPlay/Wireless Android Auto capability 漏 2008 General Motors. All Rights Reserved. Page 1 of 3B32: Floor mats, carpeted front PZE: Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) machined-face aluminum with carbon flash painted pockets B33: Floor mat, carpeted rear QBM: Tires, P215/50R17 all-season blackwall, Michelin Selfseal puncture-sealing BTM: Keyless start, push button TDM: Teen Driver BTV: Remote vehicle starter system U2K: SiriusXM Radio with 360L CBT: DC fast charging UD7: Rear Parking Assist DA5: Armrest, rear center UDV: Driver Information Center DD8: Mirror, inside rearview autodimming UE1: OnStar and Chevrolet connected services capable DG6: Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, Black, manual-folding UE4: Following distance Indicator E91: Map pocket, front passenger seatback UEU: Forward Collision Alert FX3: StabiliTrak, stability control system UFG: Rear Cross-Traffic Alert GK8: Storage, rear cargo, double floor UHX: Lane Keep Assist IOS: Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system UHY: Automatic Emergency Braking K28: Charging module, 11 kW high-voltage UJM: Tire Pressure Monitor System, manual learn K34: Cruise control, electronic UKC: Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert KA1: Seats, heated driver and front passenger UQ3: Audio system feature, 6- speaker system KI3: Steering wheel, heated UTJ: Theft-deterrent system, electrical, unauthorized entry MCR: Audio system feature, SD card receptacle UV2: HD Surround Vision MMF: Electric drive unit, (200 hp [150 kW] 266 lb-ft of torque [360 N-m]) VKD: License plate bracket, front mounting MUQ: Steering wheel controls, Regen on Demand, steering wheel paddle, regenerative braking VV4: 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable 漏 2008 General Motors. All Rights Reserved. Page 2 of 3N34: Steering wheel, leatherwrapped, flat-bottom YF5: Emissions, California state requirements ____ __ 鈥 North American Order Workbench is intended solely for business use by GM Dealers. Pricing shown is for illustration purposes only. Refer to GMPricing.com for official GM Price schedules. GM pricing is subject to change by GM at anytime, without notice.

Registered
I ordered the 2LT trim with all the standard option included in that trim level with no extra cost options. So it looks like the only added cost option/packages are the Bose/entertainment package and the adaptive cruise control. Notable changes that I can see are 8 way power seat, wireless carplay/android, level2 charging speed up from 7.2kw to 11kw, and SD card slot, flat bottom steering wheel
Notable absence in the 2022 Bolt EV are Cayenne Orange exterior color, roof rail (still included in EUV premier), 1kwh battery capacity (from 66kwh to 65kwh), camera inside rear view mirror
For those still patiently waiting to hear from their chevy coordinator, your patience will be shortly rewarded with a 2022 Bolt instead of a 2020 or 2021 model that has been sitting in dealer inventory. Unless of course GM cancels all repurchase/replacement program in which case those who already got approved and purchased their 2020/2021 Bolts will be the lucky ones jumping with joy.
As of 4/6/21 2021 production ceased at Orion assembly plant in preparation for 2022 model year orders.

Options ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A2X: Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power NC9: Emissions, California ZEV AU3: Door locks, power programmable NCH: Door locks, rear child security AYF: Airbags, driver and front passenger dual-stage frontal PPW: Wireless Apple CarPlay/Wireless Android Auto capability 漏 2008 General Motors. All Rights Reserved. Page 1 of 3B32: Floor mats, carpeted front PZE: Wheels, 17" (43.2 cm) machined-face aluminum with carbon flash painted pockets B33: Floor mat, carpeted rear QBM: Tires, P215/50R17 all-season blackwall, Michelin Selfseal puncture-sealing BTM: Keyless start, push button TDM: Teen Driver BTV: Remote vehicle starter system U2K: SiriusXM Radio with 360L CBT: DC fast charging UD7: Rear Parking Assist DA5: Armrest, rear center UDV: Driver Information Center DD8: Mirror, inside rearview autodimming UE1: OnStar and Chevrolet connected services capable DG6: Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, Black, manual-folding UE4: Following distance Indicator E91: Map pocket, front passenger seatback UEU: Forward Collision Alert FX3: StabiliTrak, stability control system UFG: Rear Cross-Traffic Alert GK8: Storage, rear cargo, double floor UHX: Lane Keep Assist IOS: Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system UHY: Automatic Emergency Braking K28: Charging module, 11 kW high-voltage UJM: Tire Pressure Monitor System, manual learn K34: Cruise control, electronic UKC: Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert KA1: Seats, heated driver and front passenger UQ3: Audio system feature, 6- speaker system KI3: Steering wheel, heated UTJ: Theft-deterrent system, electrical, unauthorized entry MCR: Audio system feature, SD card receptacle UV2: HD Surround Vision MMF: Electric drive unit, (200 hp [150 kW] 266 lb-ft of torque [360 N-m]) VKD: License plate bracket, front mounting MUQ: Steering wheel controls, Regen on Demand, steering wheel paddle, regenerative braking VV4: 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capable 漏 2008 General Motors. All Rights Reserved. Page 2 of 3N34: Steering wheel, leatherwrapped, flat-bottom YF5: Emissions, California state requirements ____ __ 鈥 North American Order Workbench is intended solely for business use by GM Dealers. Pricing shown is for illustration purposes only. Refer to GMPricing.com for official GM Price schedules. GM pricing is subject to change by GM at anytime, without notice.
Would you mind sharing the price on the Charging/Stereo and the Adaptive Cruise Control packages?

Did I read correctly that the rearview mirror that uses the HD camera in back is no longer a thing?

Registered
Would you mind sharing the price on the Charging/Stereo and the Adaptive Cruise Control packages?

Did I read correctly that the rearview mirror that uses the HD camera in back is no longer a thing?
I turned down the adaptive cruise package so I wasn't told the price. This is going to be a MSRP to MSRP swap so I was giving the ordering dealer the options I have in my 2017 Bolt LT and this is the order form that was generated and I copied/paste here to share. I didn't see the HD camera in back on my order form so I'm assuming it's no longer a thing. Same with the roof rails which used to be included in the premier package is not included in the 2LT trim so I'm assuming it's gone on the Bolt EV.

Registered
I turned down the adaptive cruise package so I wasn't told the price. This is going to be a MSRP to MSRP swap so I was giving the ordering dealer the options I have in my 2017 Bolt LT and this is the order form that was generated and I copied/paste here to share. I didn't see the HD camera in back on my order form so I'm assuming it's no longer a thing. Same with the roof rails which used to be included in the premier package is not included in the 2LT trim so I'm assuming it's gone on the Bolt EV.
Fair enough. I found references later that suggested the rear view mirror camera, like the roof rails, is only on the EUV in 2022. I can find the color selections for the EUV, but not for the EV. Did they offer you color choices?

Registered
Fair enough. I found references later that suggested the rear view mirror camera, like the roof rails, is only on the EUV in 2022. I can find the color selections for the EUV, but not for the EV. Did they offer you color choices?
I didn't know they changed the names of the exterior colors so my first choice was cayenne orange but dealer couldn't find it so I was told that color is not available. My second preference was Oasis Blue and on the order form it showed as G7X Ice Blue Mettalic. If you check the above post I believe Scott shared the color choices available.

Registered
I didn't know they changed the names of the exterior colors so my first choice was cayenne orange but dealer couldn't find it so I was told that color is not available. My second preference was Oasis Blue and on the order form it showed as G7X Ice Blue Mettalic. If you check the above post I believe Scott shared the color choices available.
Not sure how I missed the color list the first time through, but I did. Sorry for the spam.

Registered
2019 Chevy Bolt LT, Cajun Red
I dont think Ice Blue Mettallic will be anything close to Oasis Blue.

Ice Blue Mettallic is most likely that light blue silvery color.

Registered
I dont think Ice Blue Mettallic will be anything close to Oasis Blue.

Ice Blue Mettallic is most likely that light blue silvery color.
Agreed. I think that's the color that is prominent on the Chevrolet web pages. GLT Bright Blue Metallic seems like it's going to be closer. The color list seems to be the same as for the EUV, and they have a color picker on 2022 Bolt EUV Reservation: Select Exterior Colors.

Registered
Whoa, so you're going through the repurchase process and they've allowed you to do an MSRP swap to a 22?? That's awesome! Do you get to keep your current Bolt until the 22 gets to the dealer?

Registered
Whoa, so you're going through the repurchase process and they've allowed you to do an MSRP swap to a 22?? That's awesome! Do you get to keep your current Bolt until the 22 gets to the dealer?
My advisor offered me just that option Monday afternoon, but he got off the phone before I could ask that question. I'm waiting on his email response. He's supposed to be getting back to me with the contact at the dealership I selected. I suppose at that point I'll know the real story.

I'm pretty interested in this path, as I really wanted ACC when I got my 2017 initially and was disappointed it wasn't available. Hopefully it'll be more functional than LKA.

Registered
My advisor offered me just that option Monday afternoon, but he got off the phone before I could ask that question. I'm waiting on his email response. He's supposed to be getting back to me with the contact at the dealership I selected. I suppose at that point I'll know the real story.

I'm pretty interested in this path, as I really wanted ACC when I got my 2017 initially and was disappointed it wasn't available. Hopefully it'll be more functional than LKA.
I'm actually just starting the process with the buyback coordinator so I will email him as well. ACC is huge. While I'm on it, I'll also ask about the EUV. SuperCruise would be awesome.

I agree on LKA, I didn't care for it much when I did the test drives so our Premier doesn't have it.

Registered
I'm actually just starting the process with the buyback coordinator so I will email him as well. ACC is huge. While I'm on it, I'll also ask about the EUV. SuperCruise would be awesome.

I agree on LKA, I didn't care for it much when I did the test drives so our Premier doesn't have it.
In your paperwork from GM, did you see a comment like this:

"Whether you elect a replacement or a repurchase, General Motors is entitled to a usage offset for your use of the vehicle. The usage offset is calculated by a formula set by the Song Beverly Act as follows:"

and it then describes the well discussed 120k mile formula.

Which seems different from how I understand the MSRP to MSRP swap to work. I tried to clarify this with my advisor, but the response I got seemed vague.

Registered
In your paperwork from GM, did you see a comment like this:

"Whether you elect a replacement or a repurchase, General Motors is entitled to a usage offset for your use of the vehicle. The usage offset is calculated by a formula set by the Song Beverly Act as follows:"

and it then describes the well discussed 120k mile formula.

Which seems different from how I understand the MSRP to MSRP swap to work. I tried to clarify this with my advisor, but the response I got seemed vague.
Mine mentions that it is based on the State Lemon Law. Since I am in MD, our laws put a hard cap on any usage deductions to 15% of purchase price, regardless of mileage. I think one of the Buyback thread starters is from MD, and the offer he/she received was in compliance with this. There was another poster from MD as well, and I think the same rules applied.

Registered
Not sure when I get to turn in the current Bolt because my last conversation with my coordinator was about her receiving confirmation of my factory order. Maybe next week when she calls again she'll let me know the next step in the process. They offered me the option of an MSRP swap early in the repurchase process because they wanted to keep me in the "Chevy family" and initially I was sending VIN of leftover 2020s that matches my 2017 options as my replacement vehicle. But the sales surge going on made that impossible because those VIN of 2020s keep getting sold out from under me. So I suggested the idea of ordering a Bolt with the exact specification as my 2017 to keep the dealer from selling "my" car. The next call I was instructed to call a certain dealer and ask for a certain person who will do the ordering for me. That's how I ended up with a 2022 because they stopped production on the 2021.
In the month and a half that I've patiently let the process unfold, I've never had any conversation with my rep about usage fees or mileage charge. She keeps telling me that there is no out of pocket cost for me except if I upgrade or the replacement I choose cost more than my 2017.
As I've mentioned in other threads, I don't rush or bug my coordinator and I try to be nice and pleasant about the frustrating process because it's a two way street. My rep is just as frustrated I'm sure because of the heavy workload of 50,000 owners impatiently asking for updates. In the process of "helping" the process move forward I have talked to a couple general sales managers who gave me an understanding of why it is so hard to find a dealer to agree to host the vehicle swap. I have shared this info in other threads as well and it has something to do with GM allocation system. ONe of the general managers actually was the one who advised me to suggest ordering a Bolt so it doesn't count against his store allocation.

Registered
Not sure when I get to turn in the current Bolt because my last conversation with my coordinator was about her receiving confirmation of my factory order. Maybe next week when she calls again she'll let me know the next step in the process. They offered me the option of an MSRP swap early in the repurchase process because they wanted to keep me in the "Chevy family" and initially I was sending VIN of leftover 2020s that matches my 2017 options as my replacement vehicle. But the sales surge going on made that impossible because those VIN of 2020s keep getting sold out from under me. So I suggested the idea of ordering a Bolt with the exact specification as my 2017 to keep the dealer from selling "my" car. The next call I was instructed to call a certain dealer and ask for a certain person who will do the ordering for me. That's how I ended up with a 2022 because they stopped production on the 2021.
I might have missed this in your previous replies, but... Did you have to foot any part of the bill in the terms of your swap? On a related note, was a usage fee or some sort of deduction applied to your current Bolt? This second question appears to have conflicting/inconsistent responses throughout the forum.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts