Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that GMPartsDirect.com and other online parts retailers now have the full selection of BoltEV parts with nice parts diagrams, that include the Opel Ampera E specific parts. I have ordered what I believe will be necessary to retrofit the Power Folding Mirrors.

There is only one window switch, so that is easy: Window Switch (Opel: #23326290 | Chevy: #23308155 )

It is not as easy for the mirror assembly themselves (there are 5 versions of the Right mirror assembly:
- W/O CAMERA, W/O SIDE DETECTION, W/O POWER FOLDING #42504650
- W/O CAMERA, W/O SIDE DETECTION, W/ POWER FOLDING #42553496
- W/O CAMERA, W/ SIDE DETECTION, W/O POWER FOLDING #42529828
- W/O CAMERA, W/ SIDE DETECTION, W/ POWER FOLDING #42553500
- W/ CAMERA #42529829 )

I have outside mirrors with the camera, and the Blind Spot monitoring, so I have ordered the assembly W/O CAMERA, W/ SIDE DETECTION, W/ POWER FOLDING #42553500 . I will have to transfert the outside shell and the camera to the new mirror assembly, I'm hoping the rest will be a simple swap.

Parts:
23326290 - Window Switch - $46.88
42553500 - Mirror Assembly, RIGHT - $163.90
42553510 - Mirror Assembly, LEFT - $163.90

Access to the Window Switch is easy, just pop the cover in the driver side door handle, unscrew, done.
I have no idea how to take apart the mirrors (On Toyota/Lexus, you can tilt the mirror all the way up and access screws behind the mirror through the slit) Anyone have any clues on how to remove GM mirrors?

I'll update this post with update and pictures

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Wow, didn't realize mirror parts were interchangeable. Sounds expensive to install, however (parts + labor). Would you mind documenting your install adventures when you get them?

I never really thought about folding mirrors as I've never parked anywhere that really needed that kind of clearance. Given the Bolt is such a small car, I'm not sure such mirrors would be worth it. They give you maybe an extra 2"-3" on each side of clearance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts