Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stories of good encounters you have on the roads, here's one ...

I stop at a light and a small sports car pulls up along side me in the fast lane. Mercedes or something, expensive and loud. The Bolt is so well insulated I don't hear much from outside but this was grating on my ears and I was feeling punchy, so instinctively the hand moves down and hits the "Sport" button. I hear him doing little engine revs, the light turns green - pow! I dart away. I can tell he's surprised as I just look like I'm in some dinky car, and he's desperately trying to catch up, but I keep it hot and am still ahead with a big grin on my face and my son laughing next to me. Not wanting to create a safety hazard and we're just having fun I then start to hang back and let him pull ahead finally. My wife said he was laughing.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I think the Zero-G Acceleration stigma, painstakingly earned by (some) hybrids, has been extended - by association - to EV's. I remember I was asked if I had difficulties coming up the mountains :) The mountains being the lush rolling hills on Route 48 in Hardy Co, with speed limit of 65 mph.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Corridor_H,_Hardy_County_WV.jpg

--- yes, I did have difficulties, because my miles/kWh went down from 4.8 to 3.4, which translates into meager 100 mi/gallon (e).

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
This has nothing to do with the Bolt, but one sweltering hot summer day long ago I pulled up to a stop at a traffic light beside a guy in a pickup truck. He was wearing a light T-shirt, had all his windows rolled down, and was sweating like a pig.

As I sat in air conditioned comfort with all my windows up, our eyes met and a bit of the devil took hold of me - I crossed my arms and mimed severe shivering.

He did not look amused. >:)

In these modern days of road rage it's not a stunt I'm sure I'd pull again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts