Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the RM of Rockwood. I've had my 2019 Bolt a couple of weeks now. Love it so far, well not the seats so much but the rest is great.

Just got it to tinted yesterday.

Running the factory charger on 240, leaning towards the OpenEVSE in near future.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Hello from the RM of Rockwood. I've had my 2019 Bolt a couple of weeks now. Love it so far, well not the seats so much but the rest is great.

Just got it to tinted yesterday.

Running the factory charger on 240, leaning towards the OpenEVSE in near future.

Cheers

Coming from a motorcycle-riding family, my opinion is that such dark tint on all side windows in a vehicle is fundamentally unsafe. How is someone supposed to see if you've looked at them at a stop sign? How is someone going to look through your Bolt to see if other traffic is coming from the other side?

I trust that there are no window-tint laws in Manitoba? We have them in the States. Maximum tint laws are there for a reason. I agree that it looks sharp, but at what cost to those around you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The angle of the shot makes it look darker than it is. From inside the view is good. Rear camera rearview is great. Side collision detection incase I forget to fully shoulder check, this does not happen. I've had this level of tint on all my vehicles and have a perfect driving record.

The windshield is clear so seeing people is easy that way.

Not sure what you mean about seeing through my Vehicle but how well can you see through a panel Van or a Bus?

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
welcome to the forum. congrats on your new bolt. have been running the stock EVSE on 240V since 2017.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The angle of the shot makes it look darker than it is. From inside the view is good. Rear camera rearview is great. Side collision detection incase I forget to fully shoulder check, this does not happen. I've had this level of tint on all my vehicles and have a perfect driving record.

The windshield is clear so seeing people is easy that way.

Not sure what you mean about seeing through my Vehicle but how well can you see through a panel Van or a Bus?

Cheers

Paul

I look through the front windows of panel vans all the time. Buses are too high. It's the front side windows that are critical, which is why states with tint standards almost always have them apply to front seat side window, not rear seat side windows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
PaulyGI
Chevy Bolt EV Forum
We’re the Largest Chevy Bolt EV Online Community and Owner's Club. Join to discuss sport mode, reviews, battery range and charging!
Full Forum Listing