Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have been a new owner since 2017, and purchased my bolt with the idea of placing racks for my surfboard, bike, sup on top. After waiting for chevy to release something it looks like all that is available are aftermarket racks. Unfortunately this leaves thule and I just cant get over the price of 550 dollars. After looking around I found a specialty fabricator that is making a better/stronger/lightweight rack that is simple to install. I just ordered mine and the cost is 200-250 dollars. Since mine is being anodized black it is costing 250 dollars. I will post a picture once it arrives but wanted to pass this on for those frustrated with paying more.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
have been a new owner since 2017, and purchased my bolt with the idea of placing racks for my surfboard, bike, sup on top. After waiting for chevy to release something it looks like all that is available are aftermarket racks. Unfortunately this leaves thule and I just cant get over the price of 550 dollars. After looking around I found a specialty fabricator that is making a better/stronger/lightweight rack that is simple to install. I just ordered mine and the cost is 200-250 dollars. Since mine is being anodized black it is costing 250 dollars. I will post a picture once it arrives but wanted to pass this on for those frustrated with paying more.
Who, and where?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
southern california , steve ferron at specialty fabrication
once i have 5 post i can place e-mail if interested

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Thule/Yakima usually have 20% off sales a few times a year. I was able to score my Yakima roof rack set 20% off last year.
Total cost of landing pads, aero bars, and towers was $331 after the 20% discount.

1x Yakima SkyLine Towers 8000148
1x Yakima Landing Pads 19 8000245 for SkyLine Towers
1x Yakima 50" Aero CoreBars Small 8000421 Black Steel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts