Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the car last week from a dealer that had one truckload. Completely enjoyable so far, reassuring to see the quirks I have encountered have been seen before on this board!

The Georgia Power tariff is 1.4 cents/kWh after 11 PM if you switch to the EV tariff, so that was an unexpected pleasant surprise. The catch is that my afternoon peak summer rate is now 20 cents, so a setback thermostat is VERY important. Hmmm, maybe I could sit in the car if it gets too warm inside the house?

The first two round trips to and from work (44 mi. RT) were spot on the advertised efficiency. I am now starting to drive more at Atlanta speeds so it is slipping a bit, but at 1.4 cents, who cares?

The dealer had no clue how to get the EV license plate for Georgia, which is needed for carpool and toll lanes. Working on that now...

I recommend the Leaf website, where you can list the tailored EV incentives, including utilities, state by state.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome Justin!

I'm guessing you found the dealer over on Thorton road. They had a bunch, but not one with the options I wanted. I ended up placing an order with an Ackworth dealer. Mine is scheduled for production this week, hopefully it won't take more than a couple more weeks after that for shipping.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The catch is you pay a very high tariff in the summer late afternoon period. But the Bolt can get recharged at 1.4 cents, as I read it. I guess the logic is that they have to maintain the peak power generation for air conditioning/evening use and they have this "left over" late at night? Hopefully it will last... (If this holds up, a 60 KwH charge would be 84 cents of electricity, am I figuring it correctly?).

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
mboni...

Just curious when you ordered yours. I ordered mine last week and they said eight to twelve weeks.
I placed my order on July 29th, right as the first Tesla 3 deliveries started to happen. However, the dealership already had an order in with Chevy, they simply edited it to have the options I wanted. That may have shaved a couple weeks off the process for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I placed my order on July 29th, right as the first Tesla 3 deliveries started to happen. However, the dealership already had an order in with Chevy, they simply edited it to have the options I wanted. That may have shaved a couple weeks off the process for me.
Sweet, you probably got to them just in time before it was sent off to get built. Still too bad the process isn't as transparent as it could be with them telling us the various stages the car is in before getting into our hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts