Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news for anyone living in Russia who wants an electric vehicle! The Eurasian Economic Commission has approved of removing import taxes on vehicles with electric engines so that would make buying a Bolt around 15% cheaper in Russia. The new amendment will go into effect this September and last until August next year, just in time for the Chevy Bolt.

This doesn't apply to hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, seems like it's implemented just in time for the Bolt EV and ends right before the Model 3 comes out. So anyone in Russia who wants lower taxes for the Model 3 is out of luck.

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's going to be the case in America once they reach what ever quota they have since ownership is ramping up to the point people want EV's and Hybrids regardless of tax credits, so there's little reason to encourage people to get them these days compared to a few years back.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'm not too sure that there's little reason to encourage people.. I mean, the demand is there but people are still a bit timid. It's definitely not a "foreign" thing to people's mind's anymore, but it's still not something immediately think of and want so easily.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cost of pure electric vehicles isn't all that affordable without incentives and once those incentives are taken away, it could set back the EV market unless the vehicles get more and more affordable so they hit $30k or less even without incentives.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The cost of pure electric vehicles isn't all that affordable without incentives and once those incentives are taken away, it could set back the EV market unless the vehicles get more and more affordable so they hit $30k or less even without incentives.
Available today with MSRP <$30K (before incentives):
Spark EV
Focus Electric
i MiEV
LEAF
e-Golf

·
Registered
730 Posts
Although it's not a green car, i've seen some people consider the Scion iA which gets amazing gas mileage. And being a well rounded vehicle it's perfect as a commuter car, a vehicle I think we could be seeing a lot more of. The market for super fuel efficient compacts is still growing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It is .. but there's no incentives..

But I've also heard that the new CAFE standards that was supposed to happen by 2025 has gotten scrapped. Does that mean that manufacturers will slow down in trying to create such highly fuel efficient vehicles ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts