Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While at Fremont Chevrolet, I found a Bolt not likely to go anymore. If you want to see what the front end looks without any skin, look below.

Also, the salesman who sold me mine last January, said they had sold about 500, (in the early days they had 300 on the lot) but now have zero. I guess they are between model years at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Front end damage from run in.
Easily repairable as front frame rails do not appear to be bent.
She will run again very soon.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Assuming no driver confidence package II? Would think the auto braking would have prevented this.
If following a detected auto on the highway, auto-braking would hopefully (but NOT assuredly) stop you before a strike. However, if the inattentive driver pulls out from your side right into your path, and you are not able to sufficiently swerve, you WILL T-Bone them.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I think it was hit by a car scrapping across the front traveling at 90 degrees to it.
Nope. This car rear ended somebody. The auto braking is only effective at slow speeds on the Bolt. Screw up on the freeway and this is the result.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Also, the salesman who sold me mine last January, said they had sold about 500, (in the early days they had 300 on the lot) but now have zero. I guess they are between model years at the moment.
I'm one of those 500! :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I wonder if they just gave up on fixing it and are using it for spare parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Assuming no driver confidence package II? Would think the auto braking would have prevented this.
Our other car (Subaru Outback) has a more effective active crash avoidance system, and realistically IF another car darted out or ran a light, the best you could hope for is reducing the forces of impact.

In a following the car in front of you scenario, the system works quite well, and would have mitigated the situation.

From the photo I can’t tell what happened. The one downside with this technology is instead of using the system as a tool or aid; it is used to allow the driver to be that much more distracted.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
In a following the car in front of you scenario, the system works quite well, and would have mitigated the situation.
Found a menu setting for the dash display that shows follow distance in seconds. I have issue that it maxes out at 2.5 seconds and only lowers when getting too close. I was taught to stay at least 2 seconds behind the vehicle in front. With the display stuck at 2.5, you have only half a second to realize you're too close.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts