Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Salutations from Southeastern Pennsylvania

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Roth33d 
#1 ·
Hello, everyone! I live outside of Philadelphia, drive a Toyota Prius, and am stoked that a domestic union-made EV is finally at our fingertips. Last time I was in the market no American cars cracked the top 10 Consumer Reports list for reliability (in the small car category) and continental hybrid options were non-existent. I felt forced to choose environmental footprint and longevity over American jobs and, I'll admit, even though I was doing the planet (and my pocketbook) a solid the decision ate at me.

Since then I've kept rough tabs on EV developments--until the Bolt got on my radar, that is, and I allowed myself to get really excited. I was on my way home from Florida, passing through Georgia, when I started imagining how manageable the journey would be without an internal combustion engine via PlugShare. At the time I didn't consider the incompatibility of the various networks and naively assumed the time for long-distance EV travel had already arrived. Yet learning of the very real barriers to electrifying the American road trip hardly dimmed my enthusiasm; the more I read the more I got behind the Bolt!

Despite inferior infrastructure to the Tesla (and my own occasional job requirements to travel well beyond 238 miles in one day), I am ready to get on board. Please, West Coasters, do not eat up all the allocations; the Mid-Atlantic region needs EV's, too!

Cheers,

(Call me) Sed

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome fellow Keystoner. This is a friendly and very helpful forum as you'll find out. My wife has the Prius in our family and while I marvel at its efficiency it truely is a transportion device. With the low center of gravity and wider tires I'm hoping that the Bolt will handle a lot better.
Again, Welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.