Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using an ancient 8GB Verbatim USB flash drive in my new Bolt for about month, but was always worried I would drop something on it, so I got myself the Ultra Fit, which I saw on another thread someone had working. It came formatted as FAT32. I copied the songs that were working from my old 8GB drive and plugged in the 32 -- It didn't show up as a source in either USB1 or USB2. I then reformatted the 32 to EXFAT and tried again in both slots. I then re-reformatted to FAT32 and tried again -- I cannot get either USB port to recognize the new drive. The old 8 GB one works in both slots.

No DRM files, these are the same files which are on my 8 GB drive which can be read.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have an ancient iPod that I've kept in my car for years, has perhaps 35G of music on it. When I first plugged it into the Bolt, it didn't show up as a music source, so I figured the Bolt simply didn't support it. However, after a few min, it started playing off the iPod. I think it just took a long time to build a music catalog internally, especially when you've got lots of songs. So you might just let it sit for a few min after plugging it in.

The bad news for me is that while the car recognizes the iPod as a source, it's still not finding my playlists (or maybe I need a multi-hour drive to let it scan the whole disk).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts