Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I’m at the movies and something just occurred to me (film has not started yet lol)
I want to get into a preconditioned car after the movie is done. But I don’t want to look at the phone 20 minutes approximately before the movie ends, open the app yadda yadda yadda
I will not disturb my experience or others.

Is there a way to pre program the app to precondition the car? This would be great to have in the app for the weekdays or situations like this...

Reactions: Wyvern

·
Registered
319 Posts
Interesting concept but I think most people would end up forgetting (e.g. holiday or a day off work and the car is running outside for the entire day).

The only thing I can think of if you realllly want to do it is to run a script on your phone - something like Tasker or an automated app to start the app and change the settings for you.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Preconditioning stops after 20 minutes.

Interesting concept but I think most people would end up forgetting (e.g. holiday or a day off work and the car is running outside for the entire day).
The preconditioning turns off after 20 minutes. You can repeat it once by starting it again. After that you have to drive it before you can precondition again.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I will not disturb my experience or others.
Not the automated solution you were looking for, but could you use the keyfob to start the vehicle? Or are you too far away in the theater? Otherwise, tasker would be the only way I think like @Nemy suggested.

Reactions: Torontonian69

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not the automated solution you were looking for, but could you use the keyfob to start the vehicle? Or are you too far away in the theater? Otherwise, tasker would be the only way I think like @Nemy suggested.

Hi there, yes I was too far away form the car. I have never seen tasker. I will take a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts