Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Agreed, but I guess I could see it being a challenge in the summer as it heats up....maybe.
I would think the way the product works step 1; - once it is sprayed 2 things happen some bonds to carpet and some goes elsewhere and evaporates into the atmosphere. step 2; - after around 1 day the product is obviously fully dried. All particles (or at least 99.99%) have either bonded to the carpet or have "off gassed" out to the environment. step 3; You use the car a day later and at that point 99.99% of off gassing has already happened (product is chemically bonded onto the carpet)- the remaining 00.01% of off gassing would occur over the next week or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
A further point - I guess the problem most people have with the product is that as the product evaporates it goes to the atmosphere - once it rains it goes elsewhere and it just stays around in the ecosystem - what makes it useful for carpet protection also makes it not break down in the environment. I can see the viewpoint that it is harmful to the environment to have millions of consumers spraying this stuff around just to protect their mid priced cars from a few stains. I guess another viewpoint would be how harmful is it to the environment to clean stains after they happen? I would guess if You are just using soap and water it would be generally less harmful to just clean up your spills and stains than using scotch guard. That said I also bought the product and plan to use it if I keep the car more than a few years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Say, do you have a picture of how they look? I definitey like the idea of seat covers (Scotch guard is great for spills, but long term wear and tear on light color fabric is better handled by a physical layer of protection... as long as it looks good!)
I don't think I have a good pic but let me look... No sorry. If I think about it I will. These covers are cheap but so far have lasted 2 years. 3 years on my gross sons car. They are not a perfect molded fit but waterproof is all I wanted.
 
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Top