Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still love my wife, I really do....

I remember reading years ago about a colored car wax that would hide scratches. Anyone know if that works? And is it available in cajun red? Also any suggestions for an aftermarket left rear tail light lens (upper)? I'm not seeing anything on eBay or Amazon.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
41 Posts
I tried it. It didn't work. Well, sorta kinda maybe on scratches so small you wouldn't notice them anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Slate Metallic Bolt LT
18 Posts
No aftermarket lenses because there are not enough Bolts on the road. You have to bite the bullet and go to your friendly Chevrolet Parts desk.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It took me a while to make sense of your disclaimer, but I finally understood what likely happened. Hope the damage isn’t too bad. Back to topic: I’ve used the fill in paint pen from AC delco for some minor hood paint chips with reasonable results.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Polishing the scratches out with toothpaste actually worked pretty well, so I will leave it at that. The lens on the other hand.... I am seeing used ones with scratches on eBay for $250. Yikes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I didn't try them. I am fine with how the scratches disappeared polishing with toothpaste and then waxing. Still looking for a reasonable tail light replacement. New from dealer is over $500. incl. PA sales tax. Less $50. when returning the core. I am thankful I "only" need to replace one of the three (on each side) tail lights. What were they thinking?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts