Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, for the first time, I discovered that there appears to be a shiny screen protector on the Bolt screen. I never noticed it before but the light was just right so I could see that the edges not covered by the screen protector appear to be more matte looking. It is so well done that it has been there since we bought the car last July and neither my wife or I ever noticed it was there. I am tempted to peel it off and see if that reduces some of the occasional glare and reflections from the screen but I don't want to remove it if it is intended to be there and not just a protective film for when the car was made. I will take a picture of it this evening when my wife gets back and post it for comments. Has anyone else seen this on their Bolt? You really have to look from the passenger side along the edges to see it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I left mine on the screen and refuse to remove it. It's not causing any issue's.
It protects the screen from small dust scratches. They're fine scratches, but they
do cause damage to the actual screen, DON'T REMOVE IT!

I've also left it on the screen in my Diesel Pickup. No reason to remove them, IMO!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I left mine on the screen and refuse to remove it. It's not causing any issue's.
It protects the screen from small dust scratches. They're fine scratches, but they
do cause damage to the actual screen, DON'T REMOVE IT!

I've also left it on the screen in my Diesel Pickup. No reason to remove them, IMO!
Left it on for over a year, then it will start to look scratched, I replaced the original with a glass protector on amazon.

The glass screen protectors are much nicer on your finger than the plastic oem when scrolling.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Left it on for over a year, then it will start to look scratched, I replaced the original with a glass protector on amazon.

The glass screen protectors are much nicer on your finger than the plastic oem when scrolling.
Link ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the photo I promised. Just curious if removing it reduces the glare and reflections. I would thin a glass clear one would be even worse.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.