Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2023 EV 2LT two months old.

Yeah, it's not critical for me... because I have an ironclad habit of belting up before even hitting the start button. Wife occassionally forgets so appreciated the polity "you forgot something" chime.

It no longer chimes. We can drive off unbelted on both seats with no warning chime.
(But the little belt-off icon on DIC does light up when driver's belt not latched.)

Short conversation with local service manager he said "poke around see it there's some setting."
So far haven't found any such "turn off belt warning" setting.

· Registered
11 Posts

Yeah, it's not critical for me... because I have an ironclad habit of belting up before even hitting the start button. Wife occassionally forgets so appreciated the polity "you forgot something" chime.

It no longer chimes. We can drive off unbelted on both seats with no warning chime.
(But the little belt-off icon on DIC does light up when driver's belt not latched.)

Short conversation with local service manager he said "poke around see it there's some setting."
If you find that setting, let me know. I’d love to get rid of that annoying chime.

· Registered
427 Posts

No car has a setting for that, service guy is a twit. On my gti, I was able to turn it off by using a vcds, but that's not a setting that's available on the user interface. As to what it is, I don't know. Car clearly identifies it's not latched.. Anyone know if it uses the radio speakers to make the chime? If it's got it's own speaker, I'd check that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts