Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Premier
200 Posts
I dropped the Bolt off at a collision center on Monday of this week and just like last year, after the Bolt was pulled into the collision repair shop I get a text alert "Service Lithium Battery Within 7 days."
This may be caused by pulling the master disconnect on the HV battery (which I think body shops do routinely for safety).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I suspect you are getting the "service lithium battery" messsage when you dropped it off at the collision center because they disconnect the main EV battery which throws out the message and a code. The collision centers do this on EVs for safety reasons and also required by their workers comp carriers. This is what my collision center manager told me when I got the message.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I used to use the car wash wax. Next day the cats would pee on my truck. I'd have to rinse it off. Then the cats wouldn't pee again. Figured it was the wax. Do you use some kind of spray that might attract them? Are you peeing on your car?

·
Registered
2022 Bolt 2LT Bright B;ue
19 Posts
The first raccoon that "ate" my Bolt LAST YEAR ate the plastic fender skirts and scratched the clear plastic headlight cover on one side and damaged the paint on the hood.

Last month, another raccoon ate the front plastic fender skirts, damaged the paint on the hood again and actually penetrated one of the clear plastic headlight covers.

What the heck is it with raccoons and Bolts? I have 5 other vehicles on our ranch and they have never been "eaten" like my Bolt.

I dropped the Bolt off at a collision center on Monday of this week and just like last year, after the Bolt was pulled into the collision repair shop I get a text alert "Service Lithium Battery Within 7 days."

I obviously can't drive the Bolt out of the collision center with things pulled off of it so I'll sweat this out like last year when I got the same text message when the Bolt was in for raccoon damage... This makes $7,400 in damage that raccoons have done.
The first raccoon that "ate" my Bolt LAST YEAR ate the plastic fender skirts and scratched the clear plastic headlight cover on one side and damaged the paint on the hood.

Last month, another raccoon ate the front plastic fender skirts, damaged the paint on the hood again and actually penetrated one of the clear plastic headlight covers.

What the heck is it with raccoons and Bolts? I have 5 other vehicles on our ranch and they have never been "eaten" like my Bolt.

I obviously can't drive the Bolt out of the collision center with things pulled off of it so I'll sweat this out like last year when I got the same text message when the Bolt was in for raccoon damage... This makes $7,400 in damage that raccoons have done.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt 2LT Bright B;ue
19 Posts

Try moth balls, at least on your car. You might want to use some duct tape underneath the fender wall. This does the trick for the wiring on my outdoor sprinkler system. Otherwise, I would contact a pest control or the city/county agriculture agent. The might be of some help. Poison might be of some help. Although there might be some legal conflicts with this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good to know. I have a raccoon wander through my yard occasionally. Maybe it hasn't attacked my Bolt because my cat is out there.
...they can kill cats

...I'd stay vigilant into the night with my Marlin 39a .22

21 - 34 of 34 Posts