1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Chevy bolt ev premier
13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think 1 year old is a bit too new to get interesting data. I'd be more interested in seeing the 2017 Bolt, Model 3, Model S and Leaf compared.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I think 1 year old is a bit too new to get interesting data. I'd be more interested in seeing the 2017 Bolt, Model 3, Model S and Leaf compared.
Yeah, I strongly suspect that the amount of degradation at 1 year is hard to tease out of the variance in the measurements. And some of those figures seem questionable to me - for example how can they tell what the degradation is for hybrid batteries, given that those batteries have quite large top- and bottom-end buffers because they're designed to be "fully" discharged on a daily basis. If they're basing their estimate of capacity on the reported range, well we all know how misleading that can be.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
suspect that the amount of degradation at 1 year is hard to tease out of the variance in the measurements
From what I've read on Lithium ion batteries, they usually drop capacity the first year (first 25 cycles) and then settle out. So degradation looks worse in the first year and doesn't represent the majority of the lifetime rate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts