Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A depository for my information, observations, and photos so I can find them again. 2017 Bolt LT with DC fast charge and seat heaters. VIN 1G1FW6S08H4171326 .
Battery #
Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Bumper Font

$129 Harbor Freight Carport
Automotive parking light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1Up bike rack on Draw-Tight 2000/ 200 hitch.
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Bicycle Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery readings at SOC 36%. Peak imbalances are about 30mv on MyGreenVolt.Disregard the incorrect voltagestated but the cell difference shown seems correct? Cell average to lowest is 22mv. 169.1 Ah. 54.112 kWh as reported by TorquePro always seems low as posted by many different users.
Product Font Line Technology Screenshot

Green Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dreamer neck pillow is very comfortable to rest back on while driving with the cruise on. Feels like it will also be nice to recline for a charge nap.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yellopro sunshades set fit well . The windshield of the Bolt is bigger than most generic sunshades. My plan for the side windows is to make a cut out strip near the top and sew in some bug screen to use with the windows cracked down to the bottom of the window deflectors which are coming soon after I tint the glass.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
123 Posts
Battery readings at SOC 36%. Peak imbalances are about 30mv on MyGreenVolt.Disregard the incorrect voltagestated but the cell difference shown seems correct? Cell average to lowest is 22mv. 169.1 Ah. 54.112 kWh as reported by TorquePro always seems low as posted by many different users.
Just saw this post now. I find torquepro gives me a lower estimated capacity if I've got a lower soc. Today, I got home w 26% soc, est cap was 55.1 kWh. Previous reading was only a few weeks ago, but w give or take 75%soc. Est cap was high 57s

Also, it always shows not-quite-right values for high/low cell as well (I think that's what you meant). If I look at the cells it says are lowest/highest, they do not match the low/high cell fields, even when parked (someone said it was due to a time delay, but that is not the case for me).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Installed the excellent Anobil phone mount with the 6 foot Agoztech right angle USB cable. Watch the videos on the phone mount to see how nice it is. It comes with a thin 3M puck to stick onto the dash with a shiny side for the mount's adhesive gel suction cup to stick on to. Very solid. I don't expect it to ever come loose on it's own. I did reposition it once so it is possible to remove it from the puck once again but it is very secure even after releasing the suction lever. The position is perfect, placing the bottom of the phone just over the view of the top edge of the center screen when portrait and well out of the way when landscape. The Agoztech USB cable was equally impressive to work with. The right angles keep it very neat to the wall of the storage compartment. A regular cable sticks out right into the access of anything you try to retrieve. This is much better. At the phone end also. The fabric cable jacket has a very high end look and feel and made it easy to route and tack down with a few dabs of hot glue for a semi permanent installation. And the price is very reasonable. I also bought another 3 footer right angle type C for a passenger and if I was thinking I would have ordered the I phone style as well to keep in the car.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gear shift

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I can easily plug in to get the best sound from my phone with EQ via the Poweramp app.
Font Electronic device Screenshot Audio equipment Slope

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did a major mod in an attempt to improve the efficiency of the cabin heat. This is probably the most radical mod I have ever attempted on any car including the hot air intake I made for my Gen! Insight. For how much improvement? There is really no way to ABAB test. But I did it. Once I decided to start I didn't turn back. Although I think very few here will want to follow in these footsteps. It's pretty ugly. And was hazardous to breathe while doing the install (I should have thought to go get my respirator on).If I decide to keep it, I might make a cover out of metalized bubble wrap to hide it better. The split foam pipe insulation on all of the heater hoses is pretty straight forward. And then the fiberglass cocoon. Some sort of measure to follow whenever it gets reall cold to see what the temp difference even is between under hood and cabin.
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The heated windshield washer hose mod on the other hand I think is going to work out real well. I bought some rubber hose to add that fits snuggly over the stock hose and coiled it around the heater hose before covering it with split foam pipe insulation.
Hood Light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts