Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Bolt EUV Last week. On the drive home the Service Now light came on. Service transmission now, shifting ending soon. It's still at the dealer since Wednesday the 15th. They have determined the module is defective and GM has superseded it with a new version (new part #). Part availablity unknown !!!!!!!! The part is on back order and the dealer has no word from GM when they will get the part. Note the 31 miles on the odometer.
Vehicle Steering wheel Car Automotive design Steering part

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT, 2021 Kona EV SEL
2,612 Posts
I picked up my Bolt EUV Last week. On the drive home the Service Now light came on. Service transmission now, shifting ending soon. It's still at the dealer since Wednesday the 15th. They have determined the module is defective and GM has superseded it with a new version (new part #). Part availablity unknown !!!!!!!! The part is on back order and the dealer has no word from GM when they will get the part. Note the 31 miles on the odometer. View attachment 43749
Holy crap this sucks. You should make a new thread for this, I'm sure tons of us will follow.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
449 Posts
I picked up my Bolt EUV Last week. On the drive home the Service Now light came on. Service transmission now, shifting ending soon. It's still at the dealer since Wednesday the 15th. They have determined the module is defective and GM has superseded it with a new version (new part #). Part availablity unknown !!!!!!!! The part is on back order and the dealer has no word from GM when they will get the part. Note the 31 miles on the odometer. View attachment 43749
Is this a new production or one of the Nov build ones? What is the build date on your door?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I picked up my Bolt EUV Last week. On the drive home the Service Now light came on. Service transmission now, unable to shifting soon. It's still at the dealer since Wednesday the 15th. They have determined the module is defective and GM has superseded it with a new version (new part #). Part availablity unknown !!!!!!!! The part is on back order and the dealer has no word from GM when they will get the part. Note the 31 miles on the odometer.
Vehicle Steering wheel Car Automotive design Steering part

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe he said the shifter module. It is connected via a LIN bus to the main controller. The tech reprogrammed it and after resetting the fault it came rate back.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I wonder if it's related to this similar problem? That guy hasn't reported back yet. Seems weird two transmission issues on brand new cars within a week of each other.
There's a bunch of chatter on this in Bolt FB groups. Examples below:
Code:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/chevyboltevowners/posts/3164113717233566
https://www.facebook.com/groups/chevyboltevowners/posts/3164115467233391/
I think Jaryd even replied to one of the posts on this but I can't find it now and don't have time to dig right now.

Reactions: RacerX00 and voxel

·
Registered
Ghost Grey Bolt Premier EUV 2LT 2022
7 Posts
We picked up our Bolt Premium EUV on June 17th 2022. The Service Now dash light came on before we left the lot. The "Service Transmission Now Unable to Shift Soon" showed up on the dash when I started it the next morning. My dealer had it for a week and said they couldn't get it to throw an error code. I picked it up yesterday and drove it all morning doing errands without any issues, then in the afternoon, the Service Now light came back on. I may have to take it back to the dealer next week. But for now, I've put the 12v battery on a trickle charger for the weekend.

1 - 20 of 259 Posts