Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
201 - 220 of 273 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,557 Posts
There's a typo error. The correct bulletin is
22-NA-139 ReFlash E.C.M and it came out on July 1

I had this software update performed today in St Charles Illinois and the yellow warning light due to diagnostic error code P17D5 seems fixed now. The service manager mentioned that GM T.A.C told them that this update covers 90% of the cases. For the cases that persist, a new Transmission Range Select Module needs to be ordered which is on national backorder.

Hope this helps those of you facing a similar issue
Thanks! I'll correct my post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I had the exact same situation. I drove my new Bolt EUV off the lot last week and it threw the first Service Transmission error after about 20 miles. I am pleased to report I only needed 45 min at the dealership and I was back on the road. My service guy said newer builds seem to be taking the software update and fixing the problem. (He didn't say how new, but mine arrived off the truck 7/13 and I took my delivery on 7/14)

FYI: I'm sorry to report but here in SoCal he said older builds can expect 6+ weeks for the new TCM to arrive.

Anyway, best of luck to those who are still stuck in limbo. I feel for you!

I'm very excited to be part of the club!

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
491 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I had the exact same situation. I drove my new Bolt EUV off the lot last week and it threw the first Service Transmission error after about 20 miles. I am pleased to report I only needed 45 min at the dealership and I was back on the road. My service guy said newer builds seem to be taking the software update and fixing the problem. (He didn't say how new, but mine arrived off the truck 7/13 and I took my delivery on 7/14)

FYI: I'm sorry to report but here in SoCal he said older builds can expect 6+ weeks for the new TCM to arrive.

Anyway, best of luck to those who are still stuck in limbo. I feel for you!

I'm very excited to be part of the club!
What is your build date and last 6 digits of your Vin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I bought my Bolt EUV on 6/20/2022 and had same error after I drove it off of lot. Was straight off of the truck and PDI. Took it back in the next day, it has been there ever since. I get updates every week which is good, but all I get is we ordered the part and don't know when it will be available. I asked about the software update per this thread and TSB and they said that they tried it and it didn't work. It will need a new TCM.
Also, when I asked the dealership about the outlet install they said that they have no idea what I am talking about. Its been 1 month and no email or anything. Any ideas on the outlet or part?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hello,
I bought my Bolt EUV on 6/20/2022 and had same error after I drove it off of lot. Was straight off of the truck and PDI. Took it back in the next day, it has been there ever since. I get updates every week which is good, but all I get is we ordered the part and don't know when it will be available. I asked about the software update per this thread and TSB and they said that they tried it and it didn't work. It will need a new TCM.
Also, when I asked the dealership about the outlet install they said that they have no idea what I am talking about. Its been 1 month and no email or anything. Any ideas on the outlet or part?
It must be initiated by the selling dealer. Based on my experience and what I have read, you should get an Email in no more than 2 business days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,
Call chevy I had to they called the dealer and told them what to do it was to be done in 7 days but they will work with the dealer to get it fixed

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had to ask the dealer to try using TSB number PIC 6468 document ID 22-NA-139
Originally GM tech rep wanted them to replace the TCM and not try reprogramming. But reprogramming worked.
They did order a transmission module just in case but there's no ETA on this part showing up.

My argument was: you're going to replace the module anyway, why not try reprogramming it first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I talked to GM today they told me that the part is supposed to arrive at the dealer Monday the 25th from what they see in their system and that it was updated this morning to that. I’m just wondering has anybody else called today and got that same information my dealer is checking into it

·
Registered
'22 Bolt EUV Premier Launch Edition
21 Posts
Anyone who had theirs reprogrammed have the error come back? The error just came back for me today after getting it fixed 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I am got the same error on saturday, had vehicle light for about a week now, picked up vehicle on july 7th, taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at. Hope it goes well!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ad me to the list, light came on on the way home from picking it up at the dealer 900 miles ago. 5 miles on the OD, Light went away and came back weekly. Today I got the "service transmission now" message. Scheduled an appointment at another EV certified dealer in a couple of days for the reprogramming. 412 VIN, 05/22 build date.

·
Registered
'22 Bolt EUV Premier Launch Edition
21 Posts
Anyone who had theirs reprogrammed have the error come back? The error just came back for me today after getting it fixed 2 weeks ago.
So the error came back when I posted, the next day it went away but the warning light was still lit, today the warning light went off, and it's back to normal. Very strange.

201 - 220 of 273 Posts