Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
221 - 240 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I talked to GM today they told me that the part is supposed to arrive at the dealer Monday the 25th from what they see in their system and that it was updated this morning to that. I’m just wondering has anybody else called today and got that same information my dealer is checking into it
Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just picked up our EUV this past Saturday. We get home and the MLI goes on and service transmission soon. Took it back to the dealer on Tuesday. Two hours later after a software update and all good to go. We got lucky it didn’t need any parts. Car was built in June 2022.

·
Registered
2 Posts
By the time I was able to call the dealer for an appointment on the Service Transmission warning, the light went out and all is back to normal.
These electronics!
The light went out on ours three starts later. Then it can back went out two starts and came back on. It did this for two days. After the software update all is well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Update Dealer called Thursday said car fixed. Service director, then said that she would get a runner to deliver it for me on Friday, Service director, then said that she would get a runner to deliver it for me on Friday, half a day went I without a call. So I end up calling them talk to the service manager, who said the only thing left to do was give me a ride to the dealer on Saturday today. Finally late in the day after I called the sales manager, the general sales manager, who is on vacation the service Director called me back and said they couldn’t get a Runner to deliver the car until Tuesday, I am 2 1/2 hours away from the dealer so they said they’re going to get me a Lyft to bring me to the dealer this morning at 9:30. I really should wait until Tuesday but I want the car so I am going. I will let you all know what happens later today.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch edition "arrived"
169 Posts
So I've had the "Service Transmission Soon" message come on twice but both times it was only on for a few seconds then went away, barely giving me time to even read it. Both times was right after I started the car. I'm wondering if it stored any codes. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell other than with an OBD reader? I'm not worrying to much about it at this point. If it was a real issue I figure the message would stay.
Also, the "my Chevrolet" app doesn't show anything about it under the diagnostic tab. Of course I'm not to impressed with that app anyway. I mean it's telling me my next service interval is in 7k miles for an oil change for crying out loud! 🤪

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV
29 Posts
So I've had the "Service Transmission Soon" message come on twice but both times it was only on for a few seconds then went away, barely giving me time to even read it. Both times was right after I started the car. I'm wondering if it stored any codes. Does anyone know if there is a way to tell other than with an OBD reader? I'm not worrying to much about it at this point. If it was a real issue I figure the message would stay.
Also, the "my Chevrolet" app doesn't show anything about it under the diagnostic tab. Of course I'm not to impressed with that app anyway. I mean it's telling me my next service interval is in 7k miles for an oil change for crying out loud! 🤪
I am wondering the same thing. I took delivery on July 6th . I called my salesman the day before and told him that there seems to be an issue with VIN's containing 412 (which mine does) so could they do a software update - he said they would. I picked up the car and the first thing I see is the "Service Transmission Soon" error, I was not happy. The light stayed on the whole 100 miles home. I took it out to charge a couple hours later, the light was off. It's been off ever since. This morning the light came back on, but no message in the dash - UGH! I don't know what to do with it. Will it just go off again or do I need to take it in...😩 BTW - the Chevy app also shows no issues. Onstar usually sends an email if there is an issue and I don't have an email from them either. I had issues with the breaking system in my Equinox & almost always got an email from Onstar almost immediately when the light came on.
**Update: I went out for lunch, on my way back to the office, the light was off. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch edition "arrived"
169 Posts
I am wondering the same thing. I took delivery on July 6th . I called my salesman the day before and told him that there seems to be an issue with VIN's containing 412 (which mine does) so could they do a software update - he said they would. I picked up the car and the first thing I see is the "Service Transmission Soon" error, I was not happy. The light stayed on the whole 100 miles home. I took it out to charge a couple hours later, the light was off. It's been off ever since. This morning the light came back on, but no message in the dash - UGH! I don't know what to do with it. Will it just go off again or do I need to take it in... BTW - the Chevy app also shows no issues. Onstar usually sends an email if there is an issue and I don't have an email from them either. I had issues with the breaking system in my Equinox & almost always got an email from Onstar almost immediately when the light came on.
**Update: I went out for lunch, on my way back to the office, the light was off. :rolleyes:
My orange service light/icon has come on and gone off at least 8 times since I got it on July 22. It's currently off and hasn't been on for the last 3 days so my fingers are x'd. I think that light has something to with charging and disconnecting the charger before it's at 100%. It seems that's when it comes on for me anyway. The service transmission message is what I'm most concerned with. It hasn't come back on since those two brief times. I'll take it into a dealer when I get a chance to read codes and see if anything was stored.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
It seems to me that the parts are now shipping and not back ordered anymore. I am probably going to jinx myself but since I have my car since Saturday it has been great. No issues With service lights.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also feel that they must have gotten a bad batch of tranny mods when they were building some of the cars. i still have not received the first car payment the dealer promised me. They say its in the mail. Lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
My yellow light was on for a day and a half a few weeks ago....been off since, and that's after several hundred-mile trips.
This EUV is such an upgrade from my 2017 Premier, I think they should have renamed the car

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV
29 Posts
My orange service light/icon has come on and gone off at least 8 times since I got it on July 22. It's currently off and hasn't been on for the last 3 days so my fingers are x'd. I think that light has something to with charging and disconnecting the charger before it's at 100%. It seems that's when it comes on for me anyway. The service transmission message is what I'm most concerned with. It hasn't come back on since those two brief times. I'll take it into a dealer when I get a chance to read codes and see if anything was stored.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
If you take it in, please let me know what they say and I will do the same if I take mine in. The error message has not come back for me either, fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
An update, I took my Bolt EUV in to Bergstrom's in Neenah, WI along with a printout of the GM service bulletin's and pictures of the Service Transmission Now and the service light on the dash lit up. I also gave them a link to this thread and explained I am an electronics Tech and have worked with EV's . Of course I got the standard "never heard this before" response they are taught to always say but I told him that I am sure they having sold several Bolts have indeed heard this before. They conceded and did the software update. The repair slip claimed that the service light on the dash was not illuminated when I brought it in but it was lit up when I pulled into the bay and I pointed it out to him and he nodded his head, so that was not true but it did say that the two transmission codes were stored in the ECM (these codes never showed up in my OBDII reader, they only show up in their ECM reader). I told him to be sure to clear any codes after flashing the ECM software. The good news is that I have driven about 200 miles and so far no warnings or service lights have returned as of yet (they were fairly regular before). My build date was 05/22 412 VIN.

221 - 240 of 273 Posts