Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
241 - 260 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the next number? I'm looking at a 412_72xx Launch Edition that is supposed to be on the lot. I'm trying to get close to the build date without going to the lot. Evidently, it's not buried in the VIN. Thanks!
I am not sure what you are asking? The next number in the production run? I am not aware as I only have the one Bolt. That being said I believe this problem has been eliminated with the software update so just make sure they flash the ECM software to the latest version if you purchase the Bolt EUV you are looking at.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking? The next number in the production run?
I'm sorry my request was so muddled.

Bolts were out of production between November 2021 and April 4, 2022. Your build date is May of 2022. I'm hoping to find a '22 EUV Launch Edition manufactured after the plant shut down. I was wondering roughly what VIN series your May 22 EUV is in? There's one located within 100 miles of me that has the last numbers: 4127212. I'm asking if you mind posting the next two numbers in your VIN that come after the 412. That would give me a rough idea of when the car near me was manufactured. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sorry my request was so muddled.

Bolts were out of production between November 2021 and April 4, 2022. Your build date is May of 2022. I'm hoping to find a '22 EUV Launch Edition manufactured after the plant shut down. I was wondering roughly what VIN series your May 22 EUV is in? There's one located within 100 miles of me that has the last numbers: 4127212. I'm asking if you mind posting the next two numbers in your VIN that come after the 412. That would give me a rough idea of when the car near me was manufactured. Thanks.
There is a sticker on the inside of the drivers door with the production date on it. If you have a 412 number it was made on or after 05/22, prior productions have a 411 number based on posts here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well people my Bolt Euv got a new part. I love it and it is running great.My dealer and Chevrolet have bent over backward to make me happy. They were gracious though out my month of not having a brand new car. They could not get a runner to drop off the car when fixed so they sent a Lyft And as the dealer was more than two hours away. Also payed my first payment. Then they called today and asked me about the car if everything was okay. Then they said they are paying my second car payment. What a surprise. I am giving a shout out to Nucar Lannan Chevrolet of Woburn. I would highly recommend buying from them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well people my Bolt Euv got a new part. I love it and it is running great.My dealer and Chevrolet have bent over backward to make me happy. They were gracious though out my month of not having a brand new car. They could not get a runner to drop off the car when fixed so they sent a Lyft And as the dealer was more than two hours away. Also payed my first payment. Then they called today and asked me about the car if everything was okay. Then they said they are paying my second car payment. What a surprise. I am giving a shout out to Nucar Lannan Chevrolet of Woburn. I would highly recommend buying from them.
Wish I had your dealer. I traded in my Volt for my Bolt EUV. I accidently left a somewhat unique license plate frame on the Volt, I talked to my salesman and a manager about looking for it with absolutely zero response. Pretty weak, I would drive out there myself but it's 50 miles from my house.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The dealer didn't make my first payment but they did provide me with a loaner car for the first week and a rental car for the other 2 weeks. I just got my rental reimbursement the other day and just racked up 1800 miles in the two weeks that I got my new car. The reprogramming has been working and no fault code so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It is crazy! Out of the blue yesterday my service Director called and asked how it was going with the vehicle and then said hey I have something else to talk to you about. Us and Chevrolet have decided to pay your second payment. Since I drove the car more than you did in the last month. So it may take a few weeks but you should look for another check! Very unexpected. But I’ve had no service transmission issues since I’ve got the car back. What a great car! And even though there two or more hours away I will definitely go back and buy another vehicle from these people!

·
Registered
101 Posts
The dealer didn't make my first payment but they did provide me with a loaner car for the first week and a rental car for the other 2 weeks. I just got my rental reimbursement the other day and just racked up 1800 miles in the two weeks that I got my new car. The reprogramming has been working and no fault code so far.
Since I had another car I was driving a 22 Subaru outback. They gave me a loaner to get home from the first day I supposedly bought the car lol. And we’re going to bring me a rental but I told him I didn’t need one because I had the other car to drive. But when I talk to him them a week and a half ago about when the car was going to be ready they told me that they would pay for a rental and I should take it! Which I was, but two days later they called and said the car was fixed and I could get it. They promised to send a Runner, call back the next day said they could not send a Runner and they would send a Lyft to pick me up on Saturday which they did, but I did pretty much take my whole Saturday to go get the car which I’m very happy with.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt - Silver Flare Metallic- LT1
225 Posts
It is crazy! Out of the blue yesterday my service Director called and asked how it was going with the vehicle and then said hey I have something else to talk to you about. Us and Chevrolet have decided to pay your second payment. Since I drove the car more than you did in the last month. So it may take a few weeks but you should look for another check! Very unexpected. But I’ve had no service transmission issues since I’ve got the car back. What a great car! And even though there two or more hours away I will definitely go back and buy another vehicle from these people!
That sounds like a great dealership.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Launch edition "arrived"
169 Posts
What is the next number? I'm looking at a 412_72xx Launch Edition that is supposed to be on the lot. I'm trying to get close to the build date without going to the lot. Evidently, it's not buried in the VIN. Thanks!
I know your question wasn't directed at me but to answer out of turn, my VIN is 4126 with a build date of 05/22 - my Trans service message has only came on twice for mere seconds each time but my orange ! icon comes on quite often and stays on for usually 30-40 miles then goes off. It usually comes on right after I disconnect the charger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know your question wasn't directed at me but to answer out of turn, my VIN is 4126 with a build date of 05/22
Thank you! That's exactly what I was asking. I'd like to get a '22 EUV Launch Edition built after the production stop. The car is about 100 miles away and I really didn't want to get wrapped up with the dealer asking someone to go check the door label and trusting any answer I got from a salesman.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of my 22 EUV Bolt around June 16. Within the first 20 miles I got the dreaded "service transmission" error.
I started ready this group. I started erasing the errors with my OBD reader. I went back to the Chevy dealer here in Greece NY, which is the largest in New York State. A Tech brought out his laptop and reset the 100 startup counter for me. I asked him about the messages on this group that say re programming the ECM cures the problem, The tech said there is NO SOFTWARE SOLUTION. So I'm really confused. Many folks say that had their ECM reprogrammed and the service transmission error went away. But the largest Chevy dealer in New York State denies it. So what is the truth? I asked the Tech who worked on my car what am I supposed to do? He had no answer for me. So my question is "Does GM have a solution for this yet?"

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
4,557 Posts
I took delivery of my 22 EUV Bolt around June 16. Within the first 20 miles I got the dreaded "service transmission" error.
I started ready this group. I started erasing the errors with my OBD reader. I went back to the Chevy dealer here in Greece NY, which is the largest in New York State. A Tech brought out his laptop and reset the 100 startup counter for me. I asked him about the messages on this group that say re programming the ECM cures the problem, The tech said there is NO SOFTWARE SOLUTION. So I'm really confused. Many folks say that had their ECM reprogrammed and the service transmission error went away. But the largest Chevy dealer in New York State denies it. So what is the truth? I asked the Tech who worked on my car what am I supposed to do? He had no answer for me. So my question is "Does GM have a solution for this yet?"
Ask the tech to look up bulletin 22-NA-139:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just took possession of my 22 EUV Launch edition Saturday, by Sunday I already had the message Service Transmission Soon. My dealer is 1 hour away and it has been a fight. There is no openings until Thursday and don't have a car for me to drive. I already have the message Service Transmission Now. I drive to work 40 miles away each day. They will not pay for a tow is the car gets stuck. They are not a small dealership and still waiting for a call back if they are going to provide a car or not.

·
Registered
33 Posts
A good dealer will provide a car! My dealer did not have any available when I took mine in but the new car manager told me not to worry about it. He took one off the used lot and stated no customer who just purchased a new car should be without a loaner. Keep pushing.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV
29 Posts
I just took possession of my 22 EUV Launch edition Saturday, by Sunday I already had the message Service Transmission Soon. My dealer is 1 hour away and it has been a fight. There is no openings until Thursday and don't have a car for me to drive. I already have the message Service Transmission Now. I drive to work 40 miles away each day. They will not pay for a tow is the car gets stuck. They are not a small dealership and still waiting for a call back if they are going to provide a car or not.
I had this error when I took delivery of my Bolt on July 6th - I'm still driving it. It's going to the shop tomorrow because the error went away and the light was off until it showed up again last week. I thought that all new Chevy's came with Roadside Assistance...I could be wrong. Is there another dealer close by? I bought mine 100 miles from home, but there is a dealership like 7 miles from my house...that is where I will take it for service.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had this error when I took delivery of my Bolt on July 6th - I'm still driving it. It's going to the shop tomorrow because the error went away and the light was off until it showed up again last week. I thought that all new Chevy's came with Roadside Assistance...I could be wrong. Is there another dealer close by? I bought mine 100 miles from home, but there is a dealership like 7 miles from my house...that is where I will take it for service.
It is good to hear that you were able to keep driving, hopefully mine will too. I have read some people actually lock up the car. My local small Chevy dealer does not deal or sell EVs, the next closest to me are not well trusted. The next good one is all book up until the middle of next week. I can try the one close to my work and ask a co-worker to pick me up but then it will need to be fix that day. I thought that the big chain dealer that sold me the car, would care more than the next dealer that I did not gave them my buying business.

241 - 260 of 273 Posts