Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello there,

You want to look starting at page 128. AFAICT, the only way to set a specific start time is to set the car to only charge 'off-peak', then make sure you know when those off-peak times are. The screens for those settings are a bit dense, so I have not made it thru them all yet.

Jim

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry, more around page 124. You can't specifically set a start time(other than immediately) but you can set the car not to start charging until a set time with the electric rate schedule settings. You would go in and set the car only to charge in the low rate time frame and then you would tell the car when that is. Sort of a round about way of doing it. Why not just set a time of departure?

Reactions: psyflyjohn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help! Manual is very "fuzzy" on setting the delay charge until the electric rates are lower (9:00 pm for me)
I can't seem to get that screen that let's me set those times. Please walk me thru it. I read and re-read pages 124 to 128
Thanks,

·
Registered
782 Posts
Help! Manual is very "fuzzy" on setting the delay charge until the electric rates are lower (9:00 pm for me)
I can't seem to get that screen that let's me set those times. Please walk me thru it. I read and re-read pages 124 to 128
Thanks,
You edit the electricity rate to set peak vs. off peak rates - the you can also set the car to only allow off peak charging - and set early finish - which effectively means it will start exactly at the time off peak rates start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Switch from "immediate" to "delay" charging?

OK, yes I need to set up the charge time based on electric rates.
But..... I can't get the screen to change from "immediate" to "departure"
How is that done? It seems to be locked in "immediate"
Any help please.
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you press the radio button - not the green box the radio button is in?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nlp, I didn't press radio button! Never would have considered that! The Bolt isn't here right now, but I'll try that. So, you're saying that the "departure" screen is not accessible to make changes if the radio button in in??!! That is weird. What were they thinking?
Thank you,
Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't work

Sorry, more around page 124. You can't specifically set a start time(other than immediately) but you can set the car not to start charging until a set time with the electric rate schedule settings. You would go in and set the car only to charge in the low rate time frame and then you would tell the car when that is. Sort of a round about way of doing it. Why not just set a time of departure?
I set the OFF PEAK time to start at midnight. (end at 5;00AM) and to charge on OFF PEAK only winter rate. Anyway, when I plugged it in today at 2;00pm, it started charging... help!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was just going through my ChargePoint app and remembered this thread. What EVSE do you have? I have a ChargePoint Home EVSE and through the app it allows me to set up charging times that the EVSE will activate. I don't have my Bolt yet, but if your EVSE has the same option, could you put the Bolt into immediate charging mode and manage the charging via your EVSE? Does anyone have the Bolt and the ChargePoint Home that could provide some input?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I set the OFF PEAK time to start at midnight. (end at 5;00AM) and to charge on OFF PEAK only winter rate. Anyway, when I plugged it in today at 2;00pm, it started charging... help!
Okay, now you have the times set up but the car is still set to charge immediately. Just go to your charge settings and set it to delayed charge.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Adding electric rate row?

I have read the owners manual and piddled with the settings but cannot for the life of me figure out how to add an additional row to the electric rate schedule. I have a row for on peak and a row for off peak, but can't add another. I see that the youtube video listed here has several times for off peak. So how do you add a row?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got the Bolt home today (built in April).

We had a LEAF before, and where we are, the electricity is way less between 0100 - 0500.

In messing with the menu just now, I could set a start time, but the duration was fixed, so when I set 0100 start, the end time was fixed at 1100, and could not use the same command sequence to change it.

If set the end time, the same thing happens on the other side, the start time moves to 1900.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Just got the Bolt home today (built in April).

We had a LEAF before, and where we are, the electricity is way less between 0100 - 0500.

In messing with the menu just now, I could set a start time, but the duration was fixed, so when I set 0100 start, the end time was fixed at 1100, and could not use the same command sequence to change it.

If set the end time, the same thing happens on the other side, the start time moves to 1900.
Welcome to the forum. Sorry, can't help with the settings as the electricity in our area is the same all 24 hours and have never messed with the Bolt's settings since acquiring it in 2017.

figured it was this section of the manual (from my 2017):

Electric Rate Schedule
From the Charge Mode tab on the Charging screen, with Departure charge mode and an Electric Rate Preference selected, touch Edit next to Electric Rate Preference.

·
Registered
504 Posts
In order to respond to your question I'd have to be sitting in my Bolt (2019) to refresh my memory on how I did it. It took me several tries (after reading, and re-reading, the manual). One thing I figured out was, you can't bounce around the settings options, in order to get the readings to "take." You must (at least when I got it working right for me) start at one "end" and work your way through to the final setting.

Yes, it can be frustrating.

Rich

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Found this old post with a member video (post #14) Interesting read/view.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts