Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm lucky that WI has adopted the national building code NFPA/NEC so a switch (disconnect) for an EVSE is not required unless it's ABOVE 60 amps. But I did have two electricians once tell me it was 'code' only to finally ask them to show me. Then it got quiet. I was initially putting in a 75A unit for a Tesla but at the 11th hour I bought the Bolt instead and went down to a 50A circuit for my first charger. I like your charger, I love that every part of it has a useful application all the way to holding the cable.
A simple service disconnect switch is about $10. I don’t see why it would be an issue to install one, certainly wouldn’t add much to the installation cost.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
A simple service disconnect switch is about $10. I don’t see why it would be an issue to install one, certainly wouldn’t add much to the installation cost.
At the time that I was doing the installation, the only inexpensive service disconnect switch was only for 50A. Anything over 50A was a lot more. And at that point, my stupid math said a small load center was cheaper than a service disconnect switch rated for like 75A and I went that route. Of course, once I put breakers in it, it ended up being the same but the utility of it changed so it was no longer apples to apples. I ended up putting a 125A circuit in the garage so I could charge 2 EV's at capacity at the same time. It was affordable, because I did it myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I scotch guarded my seats to help prevent my son from dropping food or drink on the seats. I found a trick for the interior doors and other plastic areas, minus the light gray dash. I bought a slate gray sharpie that I use to fill in the color from scratches. It is not perfect, but makes it very difficult to see where I was careless.

This is my first electric vehicle. I cannot see me owning one per say. I may still get one for my Mrs. We will see :).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I scotch guarded my seats to help prevent my son from dropping food or drink on the seats. I found a trick for the interior doors and other plastic areas, minus the light gray dash. I bought a slate gray sharpie that I use to fill in the color from scratches. It is not perfect, but makes it very difficult to see where I was careless.

This is my first electric vehicle. I cannot see me owning one per say. I may still get one for my Mrs. We will see :).
Thxs for the slate gray sharpie suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 145 Posts