Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Charging up at a new 200kW DCFC in town in the middle of the night. Too bad Bolt is limited to 55kW.
Can you tell us what the fabric cover things are on the cords? Are those to cover the charge port in bad weather, or COVID-19 related?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Can you tell us what the fabric cover things are on the cords? Are those to cover the charge port in bad weather, or COVID-19 related?
The photo makes it look like it's something interesting, but unfortunately that's just a bubble wrap originally on the charging plug that was not completely torn off after installation. Here’s how it looked like when I used it during the day.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
384 Posts
"Insane Bolt" (not to be confused with Usain):

In the wild @Garden of the Gods, CO Springs, CO. Did 18% tint on all of the windows, :

·
Registered
105 Posts
Time to wake up another sleeping thread. :) I just finished a thorough washing, prepping for, and applying a ceramic coating to my Bolt, and also did the rain-x treatment to all the glass, and even the camera lenses to keep stuff off of them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You must have been up all night doing that....
It looks beautiful!
Yeah. I did it both to help shift my sleep patterns to my upcoming night shift tonight, and be able to do this job when it wasn't as hot and keep it out of the sun.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Time to wake up another sleeping thread. :) I just finished a thorough washing, prepping for, and applying a ceramic coating to my Bolt, and also did the rain-x treatment to all the glass, and even the camera lenses to keep stuff off of them.

View attachment 29963
Great color! I like to see colors that aren't on the gray-scale continuum.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great color! I like to see colors that aren't on the gray-scale continuum.

Exactly. The dystopian color pallette of the industry is depressing. I hate greyscale.

Reactions: davioh2001

·
Registered
20 Posts
2019 LT with DCFC, tint, etc. I carry a folding bike for use while charging in town and have many small Tom mods that make me happy.
The wheels and tires save 8 pounds
20200423_164716.jpg
per corner!

·
Registered
4 Posts
559C768A-D1D0-4D64-92F1-F3664E320D51.jpeg

1st time owner of an EV and having a blast with this new 2020 Bolt EV Premier with DCFC.

Really starting to enjoy the smoothness / effortless delivery of power of this quick little car. Everyone who has tried it out on the road has come away with high praise!

141 - 159 of 159 Posts