Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Should I update the software for my 2020 Chevy Bolt

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  evtinker 
You may also consider that if some bad thing happens and you refused the software, you may not get any satisfaction from GM by that move.
Has anyone gotten satisfaction from GM when some bad thing happens, regardless of compliance with guidance? Last I heard, those that suffered fires were told by GM to take it up with insurance. Consensus (or close or it) on the forum is that insurance won’t care.

Only as a last resort would I suffer through 3-5 years of raised insurance premiums for something GM is responsible for. While the extra insurance premiums would be cheaper than legal fees from trying to sue GM, I assume a letter from one's state's attorney general would make GM take special consideration.
Good point, I was merely noting that the software update will likely have no impact on compensation from GM or insurance. Nor will the software have any impact on your premiums after an incident.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.