Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my 2017 Volt on 3 year lease for 2020 Bolt. I was on the fence for a long time but I stumbled across a ton of informative videos from NewsCoulomb on youtube which then led me here to this forum. The information from the Eric's videos and posts helped convince me the Bolt would be a good fit for me. I also gained valuable input from several other members of the community on this forum. Thanks to all for your insightful posts and information. (side note: It is too bad Chevy doesn't have a referral program for the Bolt.....)

Mike

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase, from a fellow Ohio Bolt owner.

I too watched his videos quite a bit in preparation to buy. Was very helpful. If you haven't yet, make sure to also check out Plug and Play EVs sometime. Steve's got family in Cleveland so he makes trips over that way quite a bit. I've found his winter videos to be very helpful in recognizing what will be ahead in regards to efficiency and DCFC limitations. Eric and Steve are definitely my go-to for Bolt and EV related videos.

·
775 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on your upgrade.

My family left Cleveland when I was in Jr. HS, never looked back. As Bob Hope used to say, Cleveland is a great place to be FROM.

Anyway, the Bolt community is strong here on the forum, lots of good insight. I am still learning 2.5 years in.

RE: Referral program, GM has not been interested in selling massive quantities of Bolt (or Volt). I think to GM these were training wheels, to learn the ins and outs of EVs and prepare for the next generation (Ultium) lineup. They seem to be selling everything they make with one of the lowest inventories in the industry. As they gear up their new battery venture with LG, maybe they will get serious about selling volumes?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my 2017 Volt on 3 year lease for 2020 Bolt. I was on the fence for a long time but I stumbled across a ton of informative videos from NewsCoulomb on youtube which then led me here to this forum. The information from the Eric's videos and posts helped convince me the Bolt would be a good fit for me. I also gained valuable input from several other members of the community on this forum. Thanks to all for your insightful posts and information. (side note: It is too bad Chevy doesn't have a referral program for the Bolt.....)

Mike
Yep, Eric's got some great material there. He posts on this forum on occasion as well. You'll see his sreenname pop up.

Paul

·
Registered
2020 Bolt EV. Prev: 2017 Bolt/2012 Volt.
118 Posts
Same here, Eric's videos helped make up our mind that a 2017 Bolt EV lease would get us around the Northeast just fine... and actually, we frequently hop over to your part of the world to visit family, now that the routes from Boston via I-90 and I-80 have been bridged by Electrify America (sort of... mostly...)

Cleveland is doing reasonably well in terms of EV travel, but I've been especially impressed by Columbus in terms of embracing EVs and pushing for a more holistic approach to the next wave of transportation. Definitely check out the Drive Electric Columbus (and DE Northeast Ohio) groups if you want to know what's going on locally. Another resource in your area is Brandan at Everyday EV. He's experienced a few cabin issues with his 2019 LT but offers another honest take and does journeys around the midwest, which may be of interest: Everyday EV.

Happy Bolting!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase, from a fellow Ohio Bolt owner.

I too watched his videos quite a bit in preparation to buy. Was very helpful. If you haven't yet, make sure to also check out Plug and Play EVs sometime. Steve's got family in Cleveland so he makes trips over that way quite a bit. I've found his winter videos to be very helpful in recognizing what will be ahead in regards to efficiency and DCFC limitations. Eric and Steve are definitely my go-to for Bolt and EV related videos.
Save here, from Lorain County of Metro Cleveland.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts