Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2017 used from a dealership in Phoenix area. We relocated to Florida and for the first time ever, I popped the hood and filled the windshield fluid. I looked up to grab the hood and there are signatures all over the inside lip of the hood. Is this normal? Has anyone seen this? I've researched a little and learned that the first batch of bolts were kept in Michigan, where my car was originally titled. Cool to think this could be a collectors item but maybe there are lots of these.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Very cool indeed. First time I’ve heard of it. Makes me want to pop open the hood and look at ours closely one of these days. Would you happen to have a picture of these?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My guess is that's the first Bolt to roll off the assembly line. Congratulations. You might want to contact the factory and ask. It might take awhile to get to the right person to ask, but it might be worth it.
Yeah, contacting the factory is the tricky part. Are there any known GM employees here that could possibly help?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
My guess is that's the first Bolt to roll off the assembly line. Congratulations. You might want to contact the factory and ask. It might take awhile to get to the right person to ask, but it might be worth it.
I'm with you on this. If I recall correctly, the prototype that was unveiled when the Bolt was announced was in this color as well (which has since been discontinued).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
There is one Bolt like that every month. Those are the signatures of quality control inspectors who found the car with the most defects for the month of October 2017. Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It must have been impromptu, I've seen them sign an area but then they poly coat to protect the signatures. Could be all the guys who worked on it after it was salvaged from hurricane flood waters (also couldn't resist with @PhilBo )

·
Registered
393 Posts
NIce! I don't think this is common at all! I would get in contact with someone at Autoline Daily to find out if they have heard of this. They're all Detroit insiders so they should know. Take a photo of it with your phone and send it in to them; they might use it on one of their shows.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.