Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't able to sign up for an EVgo account on their web site - when I choose "Canada" as the country the dropdown box for "State" disappears and there's no way to choose what province I live in. Then on the next page when I enter my credit card info I get an error message saying "Could not calculate tax - probably wrong address".

I tried phoning the customer support line at 1 (855) 509-5581 but it doesn't appear to be a valid toll-free number in Canada.

I've fired off an e-mail to them but I thought I'd also touch base with Canadian forum members here to see if anyone else was able to sign up for EVgo and, if so: how did you do it?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a follow-up for those interested in how this turned out:

EVgo customer support returned my e-mail and what eventually transpired was that they set up the account for me with a US address, I then signed on to it and selected the "Flex" plan and a payment method, and then they updated the account with my correct, Canadian address. They will send me an RFID card which is supposed to arrive in a few weeks' time.

Their system hit my credit with several US$1.00 charges through the course of this, and I suppose I could contest them but frankly even with that it still worked out cheaper than the Cdn$9.00 fee that Greenlots charges for an RFID card, so I'm just going to quit while I'm ahead.

And for Canadian customers unable to contact them on their toll-free number, they gave me an alternative, tolled number (that I haven't tried yet) to reach Customer Service: (310) 954-2896

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just a follow-up for those interested in how this turned out:

EVgo customer support returned my e-mail and what eventually transpired was that they set up the account for me with a US address, I then signed on to it and selected the "Flex" plan and a payment method, and then they updated the account with my correct, Canadian address. They will send me an RFID card which is supposed to arrive in a few weeks' time.

Their system hit my credit with several US$1.00 charges through the course of this, and I suppose I could contest them but frankly even with that it still worked out cheaper than the Cdn$9.00 fee that Greenlots charges for an RFID card, so I'm just going to quit while I'm ahead.

And for Canadian customers unable to contact them on their toll-free number, they gave me an alternative, tolled number (that I haven't tried yet) to reach Customer Service: (310) 954-2896

Just signed up for the EVGO account and it seemed to accept my Canadian address. No error codes on the website at least.

Was a little too quick in ordering an RFID card as it turns out they auto-ship one with new accounts. The number above is to a direct line to a cust service agent (Melissa?) and I left message.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Following up post:

RFID card never showed, so called Melissa (who is a dear by the way) and after a bit of keyboard clicking was able to resend the RFID card out to me.

She gave me a number for the general line that I did not see listed on their site: 1-877-494-3833. that works in Canada.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RFID card never showed, so called Melissa (who is a dear by the way) and after a bit of keyboard clicking was able to resend the RFID card out to me.
Although I hate EVgo's 30-minute cutoff policy, I have found their customer service people to be really good - both when I was trying to sign up, and when I needed to contact them to get my card activated.

On that last point - be sure to activate your card once you receive it, otherwise it won't work when you try to use it at a charger. I tried to activate it when I got it but I never found the right spot on the web site so I erroneously assumed it didn't need activation. But it does. If you can't find the right spot on the web site then call customer service to get it activated.

She gave me a number for the general line that I did not see listed on their site: 1-877-494-3833. that works in Canada.
Excellent info, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts