Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SiriusXM trial started two weeks ago. Now every time on startup, it announces "WELCOME TO SIRIUSXM." So annoying. I set the volume on startup to 0, and it still blares the Welcome (when I play other audio it starts at 0, so I know the setting is working). I cancelled the subscription, and it still blares Welcome. I changed the order on the system to FM first, and it still blares Welcome. How do I get rid of the **** announcement?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
3,425 Posts
My SiriusXM trial started two weeks ago. Now every time on startup, it announces "WELCOME TO SIRIUSXM." So annoying. I set the volume on startup to 0, and it still blares the Welcome (when I play other audio it starts at 0, so I know the setting is working). I cancelled the subscription, and it still blares Welcome. I changed the order on the system to FM first, and it still blares Welcome. How do I get rid of the **** announcement?
Tune Sirius/XM to channel zero?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just tune it to an FM station, then turn it off. It will turn on the same station it was on last when it starts up.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
111 Posts
Mine has never done that. Of course, I transferred my existing SXM subscription to the new car. But it never did it during any test drives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just tune it to an FM station, then turn it off. It will turn on the same station it was on last when it starts up.
I did that and it doesn’t work. Maybe because I always use Apple CarPlay. I don’t want to have to switch it to fm every time I turn off the car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
SiriusXM alone will be the reason i don't choose a car if i see siriusXM as a feature. Which means no newer Bolt unfortunately. Current Bolt is ok as they have given up. They've called me home twice a day for more than 6 months. Hadn't given my phone number and hadn't got a subscription.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Bolt Premier - Kinetic Blue Metallic
101 Posts
You could just quickly press the radio power button to silence the radio/audio. The car will remember that you silenced it even after you cycle the power.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I live in the giant redwoods, XM was always too spotty to be worth paying for. Is 0 the sampler channel or is that 1?

·
Registered
87 Posts
You could just quickly press the radio power button to silence the radio/audio. The car will remember that you silenced it even after you cycle the power.
Yeah but if you turn on anything on your screen, like the Energy dashboard, it blasts you again. The radio just really really really wants to come on, and anything you touch is another chance for it to achieve its preferred state. This is the big comical annoyance, that the radio won’t stay turned off. Every other car radio I ever had, remembers what state you left it in. I didn’t buy any of the sound upgrades since I rarely use it, and every time I drive I am reminded of how bad the base model speakers are. I don’t think I have had a car stereo that sounds this bad since the 1970s, and I would never even think about it, except it is always coming on to remind me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, and then on the occasions when I do want the radio on, say because I suddenly hit an unusual traffic backup and want to see what they are saying on local radio, now I have to switch back to the audio screen, then change the source and channel. I would rather not do that deep a dive into the touch screen menus, while moving.

So I just turn the radio off each time I start the car. It‘s not that big a deal. I am just kvetching because it’s so dumb and so unnecessary! Some design committee did this on purpose and I can’t help wondering what is wrong with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts