20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think radio is dying out and getting replaced by music and programs from your mobile phone. No subscription needed and that $10 can go towards a higher data cap if you want.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I picked up my Bolt on 4/8/17... just got my first "offer" in the mail yesterday from SiriusXM...
Comes to about $20/month paid a year up front.... not!

One of my work associates showed me his renewal for this year... basically $9.xx a month paid annually.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I pay 99 bucks a year, each plus taxes for my Bolt and my Ram Diesel.
The diesel has a 5 year travel subscription from Chrysler. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
^ my work buddy pays $8 something/month... with tax it comes out to under $9.50/month IIRC.
It may take them a while to go that low for me... but that's okay, I have time.

When my 2014 Volt free sat service ran out... I really had no need to continue it. I remember them offering 6 free months if I subbed at that time.
They must have really needed subscribers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I personally really like SXM and have been a subscriber since the early 2000's. If you listen to the same channel all the time, I can see where it may not be worth it, but if you jump around a little bit, it's a good opportunity to find new music / artists that you would never hear on terrestrial radio. I actually dumped my Apple music subscription in favor of keeping SXM with the app / website access for streaming. Plus you can listen to sports, news, etc. all without burning cell phone data.

Reactions: Spitfire

·
Registered
355 Posts
It is not worth the money to me and the areas that I travel in are so lousy with trees that it is always cutting out. I just use a 32 gig flash drive and let the songs play in order alphabetically and that takes about 6 months for it to go back to the beginning.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I personally really like SXM and have been a subscriber since the early 2000's. If you listen to the same channel all the time, I can see where it may not be worth it
The Symphony Hall channel is excellent. With a good classical music channel you only need one, if it's run well. In this case they have all sorts of stuff, original broadcasts (they have a recording studio), Philadelphia Orchestra live broadcasts, and the general program is really good. I'm going to see if I can get this and one or two other channels for less than $10/year, if so that's not bad as it's the price of a single concert.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i also like SiriusXm. even though there are times i lost my signal specially in a dead spot area but refreshing the signal will solve it all!

·
Registered
592 Posts
i also like SiriusXm. even though there are times i lost my signal specially in a dead spot area but refreshing the signal will solve it all!
The only dead spots I've seen so far (2) are one in between tall buildings, and out in the country while in a low spot surrounded by trees. This is the same country area served by nothing else, and has spotty 4G so streaming doesn't work either. While in the car I usually don't want to listen to something particular - that's for my listening at home. I wanted to be surprised, and the professionally curated channels are perfect.

The question is can I get a deal for < $10 when all I want is a few music channels? Looks like they have that option, but they try to push you into the full plan by only giving you that choice (on the web) for after your trial ends.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only dead spots I've seen so far (2) are one in between tall buildings, and out in the country while in a low spot surrounded by trees. This is the same country area served by nothing else, and has spotty 4G so streaming doesn't work either. While in the car I usually don't want to listen to something particular - that's for my listening at home. I wanted to be surprised, and the professionally curated channels are perfect.

The question is can I get a deal for < $10 when all I want is a few music channels? Looks like they have that option, but they try to push you into the full plan by only giving you that choice (on the web) for after your trial ends.
as what i know they have a $10/month service with few channels of music, i think around 60 channels of music only.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Let your trial subscription expire, you'll get offers from SXM in the mail ... $99+$12 for 12 months.
Beats the original "offer" at $220 for 12 months :eek:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Let your trial subscription expire, you'll get offers from SXM in the mail ... $99+$12 for 12 months.
Beats the original "offer" at $220 for 12 months
Great tip, thanks. Symphony Hall is such a good channel, I love how it comes on as soon as I get in the car. I'm constantly hearing new composers (contemporary usually) that I'm not familiar with. The only problem is getting to my destination without the piece finishing, or not being in the car when a concert I want to hear is playing. I'll probably get one of their radios.

Can you have multiple radios on the same account for the same price?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts