Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got the car I put it on the 80's station, yeah don't laugh.
Anyway it would cut out once every 10-15 min for like a second. A tad irritating but what ever.
I just thought it was because I was in the Trial mode unless I bought it.

Between that and the older chick who's voice sounds like she smokes 100 packs of cigarettes a day and should be on late late night radio... I stopped listening to it.

Forward a couple weeks I turn back in and now it cuts IN every minute. So no sound for a few minutes, then a blurp of music then out again.

I will not pay for radio, period, but I wonder if there is a lose connection.............. AND what else may be loose.

Anyone know where I would look to find out. Not really wanting to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I don't listen to channel 8, but I haven't had any sort of regular cut-outs on the stations I do listen to. However I live pretty far north and it doesn't take much of a tall obstruction to the south to block the signal. Even trees, if they're substantial, can do it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
It will cut out in canyons or around tall buildings - blame it on physics. If you're out in the open it should be fine unless there is a problem with your radio or antenna - if so have that checked, a connection may be loose.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I tried it yesterday just to see and Low and Behold it was working ... Same location too.

If this is the case with XM, WHY would anyone pay for a service that does that? I don't understand it.

Anyone know where the Antenna connection would be? I will look for a sticky on here for schematics for the Bolt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts