Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got the car I put it on the 80's station, yeah don't laugh.
Anyway it would cut out once every 10-15 min for like a second. A tad irritating but what ever.
I just thought it was because I was in the Trial mode unless I bought it.

Between that and the older chick who's voice sounds like she smokes 100 packs of cigarettes a day and should be on late late night radio... I stopped listening to it.

Forward a couple weeks I turn back in and now it cuts IN every minute. So no sound for a few minutes, then a blurp of music then out again.

I will not pay for radio, period, but I wonder if there is a lose connection.............. AND what else may be loose.

Anyone know where I would look to find out. Not really wanting to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
I don't listen to channel 8, but I haven't had any sort of regular cut-outs on the stations I do listen to. However I live pretty far north and it doesn't take much of a tall obstruction to the south to block the signal. Even trees, if they're substantial, can do it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I also will not pay for radio. Sat radio is analog my 32 gig flash drive with my entire CD collection on it is digital and sounds better than sat radio ever could.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It will cut out in canyons or around tall buildings - blame it on physics. If you're out in the open it should be fine unless there is a problem with your radio or antenna - if so have that checked, a connection may be loose.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, I tried it yesterday just to see and Low and Behold it was working ... Same location too.

If this is the case with XM, WHY would anyone pay for a service that does that? I don't understand it.

Anyone know where the Antenna connection would be? I will look for a sticky on here for schematics for the Bolt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts