Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen what some people have chosen on various threads but still not what I am looking for.

I want my phone up high so I don't look down. However, I keep my seat pretty far back so I have to stretch some to touch the screen or center controls as it is.
I tried one holder attached to the top of the dash but to get it far enough out to where I could reach the phone without bending way forward, it wouldn't stay stuck on the dashboard; too much leverage.

I thought about a vent holder (correct height) but the ones I've found sit too close to the vent and too far away for me to reach easily.

I would appreciate suggestions and pictures if able.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
My suggestion would be to move the seat further forward. Is it back to prevent knee pain? I'm almost all the way back in most cars due to my height, but I can still reach controls easily.

I'm happy enough with vent holders, and I've tried quite a few to compare it with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My suggestion would be to move the seat further forward. Is it back to prevent knee pain? I'm almost all the way back in most cars due to my height, but I can still reach controls easily.

I'm happy enough with vent holders, and I've tried quite a few to compare it with.
I find sitting back is better for me on long trips from a comfort standpoint, which is when I want my phone in a heads-up position.
I would love it sticking about 4-6" directly out from the silver control bar of the driver side dashboard vent.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Would something like this work for you? I use one similar to this for my gps and it brings it to the front edge of the dash which is close enough for my driving position. I can get a photo for you tomorrow if you're interested.

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier
19 Posts
Although you are asking for a solution that places you phone at eye level I tried the vent mounts that use in other cars and they simply don’t work for me in the Bolt, everybody is different after getting scare of braking the vent and the dash being a little bit further than what I like I decided to place the phone down by the cup holder, I’m actually used to having the phone there and operate it if I need to like Audi’s MMI or BMW’s iDrive and operate it without looking down completely, I don’t have to lean forward, alsoI don’t like having stuff on the dash so that left me with the cup holder mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts