Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck receiving SMS/text notifications on the Infotainment system with a simple bluetooth connection? Works great when connected via Android Auto, but I get nothing with a simple BT connection.

In my Volt in this scenario (BT only), I would get an audio notification and a pop-up that would then allow me to read the text or have it read to me.

Very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
There’s no support for text messages via Bluetooth. Just via CarPlay and Android Auto.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There’s no support for text messages via Bluetooth. Just via CarPlay and Android Auto.
This is a significant downgrade from the Volt, IMO. AA is great, but sometimes you don't want to plug in or be forced to lock out the phone's other features.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
I agree no reason why it shouldn't work via BT as well.
I think the philosophy is that all of the mobile phone services are changing and evolving, and freezing them into a car's infotainment system is just a recipe for rapid obsolescence. Android Auto avoids that by projecting the apps running on the phone onto the car's screen. That way, your car benefits from improvements in your mobile apps over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts