Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next to a blue Bolt. Gentleman driving it looked to be probably early 80s. I tooted my horn, and he rolled his window down. He's a resident of a huge retirement community about 8 miles north of where I live. We spent the rest of the duration of the red light gushing about how much we love our Bolts and how we're glad we didn't get suckered into a Tesla (while Elon Musk is slowly turning into Howard Hughes..). His is a 2018 with 40k miles on it. When the light turned green he goosed it and spun out. :love:

·
Registered
993 Posts
How did you do that? Despite my best efforts, every time I try to give a little "toot" on my horn it sounds like a banshee on the attack. I'm reluctant to use it on pedestrians close to the car lest it give them a heart attack...
The guy he "tooted" at has the exact same problem, so he recognized the intent of the blaring horn :)

Keith

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is a rare, very rare, occasion when I see another Bolt EV in my area, let alone pull up next to one. But it happened about two weeks ago. We shared glances of approval and understanding, a wave and then the red light turned green. By the way, I don't see Teslas either. EVs clearly aren't popular in my area.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Always nice to see the cult chime in.Enjoy the 50% hit in your wallet. Or find the correct forum for your posts.
Actually, that poster hates Tesla more than you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Of course, the rumored million mile battery is supposed to make Tesla cheaper than its gas equivalent car... at that time, I have to agree Musk owns us. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Always nice to see the cult chime in.Enjoy the 50% hit in your wallet. Or find the correct forum for your posts.
Yeah, what is it with you. I cannot even begin to want to understand your interpretation. I absolutely meant the ratio. It is mammoth between something like a Bolt and an electric golf cart. And most senior living areas, in places like FLA, have a large use of golf cart type vehicles. I have never ever even talked about or cared about a Tesla.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts