Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next to a blue Bolt. Gentleman driving it looked to be probably early 80s. I tooted my horn, and he rolled his window down. He's a resident of a huge retirement community about 8 miles north of where I live. We spent the rest of the duration of the red light gushing about how much we love our Bolts and how we're glad we didn't get suckered into a Tesla (while Elon Musk is slowly turning into Howard Hughes..). His is a 2018 with 40k miles on it. When the light turned green he goosed it and spun out. :love:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Sounds like the kind of guy who would really enjoy a dual motor 3 performance.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
How did you do that? Despite my best efforts, every time I try to give a little "toot" on my horn it sounds like a banshee on the attack. I'm reluctant to use it on pedestrians close to the car lest it give them a heart attack...
The guy he "tooted" at has the exact same problem, so he recognized the intent of the blaring horn :)

Keith

·
Registered
564 Posts
Having driven Hondas with their pathetic little excuses for horns exclusively for 35 years, I’m enjoying the actual horn on the Bolt a lot 🥰
Gen 6 Camaro horns are pathetic.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That is really a perfect way to describe him at this juncture. He has really gone off the rails lately, and unfortunately.
He has much in common with the other self-described Stable Genius.

Reactions: jim12957

·
Registered
342 Posts
Or someone who is happy paying 50% less and wise with his money and happy with the performance he has!.
Believe me, the Bolt is the super luxury high performance vehicle, in residence areas where the Cub cart is standard accepted transport.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It is a rare, very rare, occasion when I see another Bolt EV in my area, let alone pull up next to one. But it happened about two weeks ago. We shared glances of approval and understanding, a wave and then the red light turned green. By the way, I don't see Teslas either. EVs clearly aren't popular in my area.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
He has much in common with the other self-described Stable Genius.
Yes, but one actually does have a genius level IQ (Elon at 155) ... and maybe that's why he has problems with authority, etc..

·
Registered
564 Posts
Believe me, the Bolt is the super luxury high performance vehicle, in residence areas where the Cub cart is standard accepted transport.
Always nice to see the cult chime in.Enjoy the 50% hit in your wallet. Or find the correct forum for your posts.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Always nice to see the cult chime in.Enjoy the 50% hit in your wallet. Or find the correct forum for your posts.
Actually, that poster hates Tesla more than you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Of course, the rumored million mile battery is supposed to make Tesla cheaper than its gas equivalent car... at that time, I have to agree Musk owns us. :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, what is it with you. I cannot even begin to want to understand your interpretation. I absolutely meant the ratio. It is mammoth between something like a Bolt and an electric golf cart. And most senior living areas, in places like FLA, have a large use of golf cart type vehicles. I have never ever even talked about or cared about a Tesla.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts