Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this new Bolt LT two days ago. Had driven a 2nd generation Prius since 2011 and it was getting long in the tooth and I had to replace the battery (157k miles) with a refurbished one. Was going to wait until later this year to see what the 2021 Bolt refresh was like, but the GM/Costco/dealer discounts dropping the price $15k off list was an offer I couldn’t resist. While I know I’ll have envy of the refresh, I’m most certain such discounts will be years away.

Got the Driver Convenience/Confidence packages so as far as I’m concerned it’s just like the Premier but without leather, mood lighting (dislike that anyway) and Bose speakers, but $3k less.

One issue I couldn’t find in the forums was dizziness. I’m getting a little dizzy while driving the Bolt which didn’t happen in the Prius. I’m a steady driver with a light foot and I take corners relatively slow.

Has anyone else experienced this when they first got the Bolt? Does it go away?

·
807 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your shiny new toy!

No dizziness here, have heard of some passenger complaints. When driving in L, the go pedal is difficult to feather, not so bad with Cruise Control.

If you are using 100% 1pedal driving, try switching to D when you have longer stretch at constant speed and see if that helps? Your mind will eventually adjust.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
One issue I couldn’t find in the forums was dizziness.
Could be the off gassing from materials of the new car. You might want to leave out in the sun with the windows down for a few days.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I think you need to work out what is making you dizzy. If you sit in the car without driving it, do you become dizzy. If it is motion sickness, two possibilities are that you have interior reflections on the windscreen glass that you are sensitive to and need polarized sunglasses, or your pedal control isn't quite as gentle as you think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just FYI, approaching 2 weeks of ownership and the dizziness seems to have subsided. I think it was a matter of getting used to the new visibility lines and the height position. Either that or the interior new car material fumes subsiding.

Been using the paddle a lot and there is a bit of new jerkiness that comes with that, yet that doesn't seem to be contributing to dizziness. When guests are in the car I stick to traditional brake slowing and stopping so as not to annoy them. (I annoy them enough bragging about not needing gas or oil changes and being able to frequently add charge for free.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts