Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2018, but the one thing I could use is slightly more damped shocks. I feel like I can feel every bump in the road, and in Boston with the many winter potholes, they can get violent!

Are there shocks that folks can recommend for a bit of a softer ride?

Thanks!

Registered
2021 Bolt Premier
I love my 2018, but the one thing I could use is slightly more damped shocks. I feel like I can feel every bump in the road, and in Boston with the many winter potholes, they can get violent!

Thanks!
If you don't need the range, let some air out of the tires. It makes a surprising difference for the harsh ride.

Registered
Yeah, the ride is slightly softer in my '22 EUV. Much less choppiness.

The caveat is I discovered the tire pressures were set at 35 psi--below the spec 38 psi. Don't know how that happened, but the car is just off the van and they prepped it quickly.
I upped the pressure to 38 psi, and we'll see if it makes a difference. My miles per kwh is 2.8 and rising. Way below my '19 EV. We'll see if the tire pressure changes that. It will certainly make the ride stiffer.

The EUV, by the way, looks and feels much bigger than my old EV. It is taller and longer in my garage. Feels bigger, too, inside. More like an SUV than a subcompact.

Registered
2021 Bolt LT

Thanks!
I agree. My wife complains about the harsh ride in our 2021 Bolt. I just got a notice from GM telling me that my tire pressure is too low. The tires are at 34 psi. If I increase the pressure to the recommended 38 PSI. The ride will be even harsher. Right? So how can I get a more comfortable ride in my Bolt? I wonder if GM deliberately designed stiff shocks and higher tire pressure because that would increase the range of the Bolt? As I recall from my ICE days, a softer ride meant a lower gas mileage. I guess you really can't have your cake and eat it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.