Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer refused to apply the charging software update on my 2019 Bolt, unless I pay $150. Not good!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
You need to complain about some problem that somehow the software update will cure.
Back in 2017/18 we used to tell the dealers our infotainment systems were locking up, that got them to apply the update under warranty.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I live in FL so it might be hard to justify. Then I thought, why not just tell them I'm planning a trip up north this winter (I have a lot of family in Maryland) and I don't want to experience the issue. Or... tell them I already experienced it on a trip like that. That should do it, right?

Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
I hope they're not trying to base the update on geography. As far as I know, that's not the case.
I live in FL so it might be hard to justify. Then I thought, why not just tell them I'm planning a trip up north this winter (I have a lot of family in Maryland) and I don't want to experience the issue. Or... tell them I already experienced it on a trip like that. That should do it, right?

Mike
I live in TN, and I after they denied it once, I told them that I experienced that during winter, but due to COVID i could not ask on time.
They proceeded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts