Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this video, which reports a new version, 14.2.4. Will Chevy notify me of this routinely? The bigger question is: What is in the update? My Xmas wish is that it fixed the bug on the bar chart screen, but it is hard to believe that could happen so quickly! [[For me the drive to the dealer is 120 miles round trip, so I am not likely to get this -- unless it has something useful -- like my Xmas wish.]] Link is:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Disappointed Chevrolet doesn't have OTA updates available yet...was a big plus with my old Tesla - they have been doing it for literally years.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Has anyone got 14.2.4 update with Apple Carplay ?

bro1999 mentioned that 14.2.4 with Carplay now allows front and rear camera while in park. Is that all there is ? Will be nice to have. But AFAIC it's not worth a trip to dealer to get just that. For me anyway.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Has anyone got 14.2.4 update with Apple Carplay ?

bro1999 mentioned that 14.2.4 with Carplay now allows front and rear camera while in park. Is that all there is ? Will be nice to have. But AFAIC it's not worth a trip to dealer to get just that. For me anyway.
It sounds like the updates, so far, only fiddle with the toys. One of the new additions, as I understand it, will be the ability to order junk food while driving.

https://blog.caranddriver.com/this-morning-gm-gave-four-million-car-owners-the-ability-to-order-coffee-and-a-doughnut-via-touchscreen/

I will be interested when they have some updates that really add information, or real functions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in suburban Philadelphia. I bought my Bolt at Del Chevrolet in Paoli.

It was delivered with all tires inflated to 32 PSI and the old software.

When I asked the service advisor about 14,2,4 he told me there are no software updates available!!!

What's up? Any contact information at GM for this?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I live in suburban Philadelphia. I bought my Bolt at Del Chevrolet in Paoli.

It was delivered with all tires inflated to 32 PSI and the old software.

When I asked the service advisor about 14,2,4 he told me there are no software updates available!!!

What's up? Any contact information at GM for this?
See the linked thread above for the service bulletin. You will need to reference that and complain about radio function in order to get them to update the software.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't comment on the software, but 32 seems low. Maybe u have different tires than the Michelin All Weather I got on mine? I see low pressure warnings at 34, but am reluctant to go higher than that because it is very snowy here in mts. of Colo, and high pressure seems not a good idea on snowy roads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I just tried the update. The first trick is that it didn’t want to go OTA (over the air) with the built in WIFI in the car (even though I have gigabytes avail. it searched for other WIFI’s and I was able to connnect to the on in my home. It then was able to do the search and still reported that I had the current version at 14.1.x

Peter

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a plug-in tire inflator. If I run it until the needle is on 40, as I did last week, the Bolt's internal measurer read 34 on each tire. It seems reasonable that that internal measurer should be fairly accurate. Is that a reasonable assumption? Over the year of course I have noted that different devices give quite different readings. If that is the case and I wanted 38, or perhaps 36 in winter, I should run that plug-in device hard....

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hi,

I just tried the update. The first trick is that it didn’t want to go OTA (over the air) with the built in WIFI in the car (even though I have gigabytes avail. it searched for other WIFI’s and I was able to connnect to the on in my home. It then was able to do the search and still reported that I had the current version at 14.1.x

Peter
OTA is not enabled (yet). Car will always state that you have the current version. Checking for updates, seems to be the only way to check which version you have.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
17-NA-071 radio issues
Make sure the tech re-downloads the update as opposed to using a USB stick that has the "old" update on it. The new version of 17-NA-071 seems to have the AA update bundled in it...but no explicit mention of 14.4.2

·
Registered
6 Posts
Regarding OTA updates, it does appear the Bolt's A11 Radio should now support OTA programming once the latest electronic controller calibration for wireless communication part# 42573773 has been applied by the GM service dept as shown if you enter your Bolt's VIN over at tis2web.service.gm.com (latest calibration avail is listed at the top/updates are cumulative)

When or if GM begins actually plans 'going live' on implementing OTA updates for the Bolt is anyones guess ATM...

BTW: If you have any question, your friendly neighborhood GM service dept. can verify latest radio calibrations have been applied to your Bolt via GDS2 under Radio/Identification Information!;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine was delivered with 34 psi. I told service to make it 38, just like the placard says. Which they did.

My other myLink vehicle gets updates OTA. My Bolt is late production (shipped and invoiced 11-30) so presumably it hasn't needed an update yet.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Regarding OTA updates, it does appear the Bolt's A11 Radio should now support OTA programming once the latest electronic controller calibration for wireless communication part# 42573773 has been applied by the GM service dept as shown if you enter your Bolt's VIN over at tis2web.service.gm.com (latest calibration avail is listed at the top/updates are cumulative)
I think only techs have access to that website.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts